Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 574077 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:18 am »
Amazing...should have got a jail sentence, I think.

A ROAD rage driver, who attacked a woman after she tooted her car horn at him, was yesterday told he’d narrowly escaped being jailed.

John Paul Dovey had denied an assault charge but changed his plea to guilty over the Llandudno Junction incident.

The 33-year-old of Ffordd Gobaith in Mochdre, was told by Flintshire magistrates, sitting at Mold, he had committed a horrendous offence.

They said that, but for a change in sentencing guidelines, he would not be going home.

Justin Espie, prosecuting, said Daniella Rex was driving with friends at the Black Cat Roundabout, off the A55, when she tooted at Dovey, whose car was close to hers.

But he followed her and when she stopped he pulled up and walked up close to her.

It was alleged by the prosecution he swore and then grabbed hold of her.

He threw her towards her car but did not let go of her, then swept her legs from under her causing her to fall on her back. He also spat at one of her friends. She had pain in her shoulders and she also feared going out in the car alone.

Henry Hills, defending, said Dovey had got angry, over-reacted and became aggressive.

He was placed on a two-year community order to carry out 200 hours unpaid work. He must also attend an anger management course.

Magistrates also ordered him to pay £500 compensation to the victim which they said was not just for her injuries but for the trauma he had put her through. Dovey was also ordered to pay £100 costs.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/06/22/north-wales-road-rage-driver-attacker-spared-jail-55578-28918920/

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »
Just had this alert on Facebook, hope he is found soon

If anybody knows where a 7 year old boy called Elliot is please notify police straight away, he went missing from Llandudno beach 30 mins ago, he has green tshirt and shorts on and a cap with monster on it. That's all I know sorry. Pls copy this as your status if ur local. Thanks.

updated now he has been found by police :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »
There was a lot of Police activity on the Prom in connection with the missing boy at about 3pm. There were 5 police cars and vans on the Prom, together with the Police helicopter hovering overhead. Fortunately, he was found not long afterwards.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2011, 11:11:01 pm »
It was a very impressive operation connected with finding little Elliot.

As I walked on to the pier (to meet Dave R), absolutely everyone on the prom and the pier was alert and looking for the little lad.

Half an hour missing must seem like a nightmarish eternity for a parent.

All the pier staff, pier shopkeepers were on the lookout, and a lot of police were searching too.
The people in the Binoculars shop were using the goods to scan the entire beach for him.

Dave R himself had wandered off to join in the noble search.

All in all, a brilliant operation, and a successful one.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2011, 01:41:01 am »

How did he 'slip away' from his parents in the first place?  ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2011, 11:02:10 am »
A CAMPER VAN burst into flames on the A55 forcing police to close the Conwy Tunnel.

Officers and firefighters are currently dealing with the incident on the westbound carriageway.

The vehicle broke down at around 10.10am before it caught fire.

Traffic is tailed back for miles with motorists being urged to use alternative routes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:46 am »
Update: The A55 is still closed in both directions between Junctions 15 and 17, due to the fire in the Conwy Tunnel. Extensive delays on alternative routes in Conwy area.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »
Wondered why it took so long for the 5 bus to get into Conwy.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2011, 03:54:53 pm »

very easily done unfortunately in a crowded place, one or two minutes can seem like an eternity never mind half an hour, even the most conscientious parents haven't got eyes in the back of their head

Offline Trojan

« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2011, 12:35:11 am »

very easily done unfortunately in a crowded place, one or two minutes can seem like an eternity never mind half an hour, even the most conscientious parents haven't got eyes in the back of their head

Thanks for that Sue. It's just that I get a little concerned when children and North Wales beaches are involved.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2011, 11:22:45 am »
Apparently, the Landlord of the Blue Bell pub in Conwy was found dead this morning and Police are treating it as a suspicious death.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13:43 pm »
A CAMPER VAN burst into flames on the A55 forcing police to close the Conwy Tunnel.

Officers and firefighters are currently dealing with the incident on the westbound carriageway.

The vehicle broke down at around 10.10am before it caught fire.

Traffic is tailed back for miles with motorists being urged to use alternative routes.

I see that as usual it's a VW camper van, for some reason they are prone to fire! I feel very sorry for the owners, lots of happy memories gone up in smoke  :(

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/local/103839/a55-closed-following-campervan-fire.aspx
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2011, 01:06:10 pm »
I see that as usual it's a VW camper van, for some reason they are prone to fire!
I was saying that to someone myself the other day, some sort of design fault?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:41 pm »
I see that as usual it's a VW camper van, for some reason they are prone to fire!
I was saying that to someone myself the other day, some sort of design fault?

Depends if it's an engine fault, or a propane cooker fault.  ;)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »
I had a VW Camper, the engine blew up on the M6