Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 581589 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2016, 03:31:07 pm »
Interesting.  As our reporter on the spot, we'll await a full report and photos...  :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1456 on: November 30, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »
Sorry Ian I am now back home in Conwy. The Pioneer reports a robbery at approx. 2.23pm at premises in Mostyn St. I saw police at Gregory's and the corner taped off. Quite why Lloyds Bank was closed, I have no idea I'm afraid.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1457 on: November 30, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
Police Helicopter is now circling overhead
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1458 on: November 30, 2016, 03:52:19 pm »
The Daily Post reports eye witness accounts of three raiders with machetes and that they might have made their escape in a grey BMW.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1459 on: November 30, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »
It is now being reported that the Tre Marl Industrial Estate in the Junction has been closed off by armed police.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1460 on: November 30, 2016, 06:26:44 pm »
Interview with owner

Here’s what Gregory Narey has said following the robbery.

“Four members of staff were in the shop at the time and were very shaken up. Thankfully no-one was injured, but it was very scary and they were shook-up afterwards. They perpetrators made off with some expensive watches. We are insured, but our main concern is the smashed glass as well as the damage to the fittings and furnishings. The four men were fully kitted out in black from head to toe and couldn’t be identified at all. I’d like to thank the police for their help, but the most important thing, as I said, was that no-one was hurt.”  refDP

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1461 on: December 01, 2016, 08:19:51 am »
The DP live blog was pretty comprehensive, if somewhat later than our reporter at the scene but there was absultely no m,ention of it on the BBC yesterday or today, as far as I could tell.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1462 on: December 01, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »
Gregory's is closed today though, what a shame for them at this time of year.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1463 on: December 02, 2016, 07:31:19 am »
What I find both interesting and depressing in equal measure is the lack of interest shown in the incident on the News. Apart from the excellent coverage by the DP as fas as BBC is concerned nothing happened.

I've noticed before that if something happens North of Brecon it's rarely mentioned, but this was a serious and potentially dangerous crime in broad daylight. You'd have thought at the very least it merited a mention.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1464 on: December 02, 2016, 09:40:41 am »
I also can't believe that there was no mention of this on the BBC? Is an armed robbery in North Wales not considered  serious enough?  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1465 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:20 am »
It may have been more productive for it to have been reported on BBC North West.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1466 on: December 02, 2016, 10:57:32 am »
But it wasn't. Astonishing, really.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1467 on: December 02, 2016, 11:31:22 am »
Is Chris Dearden still covering the area for the BBC?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1468 on: December 02, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
I was approached by BBC Radio Wales in September to do a live interview about our Bell ringing simulation system. This followed David Powell's story in the Daily Post. I replied by email within the hour saying I would.
However I received a reply saying they (the BBC) had filled the slot with something else which turned out to be a Cardiff person raising money by running a half marathon. A worthy effort I agree.
Yesterday I received a call about the same bell story and would I still do an interview. I declined and said I thought with Gregorys' robbery that there was something more newsworthy.

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #1469 on: December 03, 2016, 07:49:09 am »
Ian, thanks for praise for our coverage, it really does mean a lot as this can be a thankless job sometimes.

Personally, I was also surprised BBC decided not to cover the robbery and I cannot really think why, as rightly said this was a serious incident and one out of character for Llandudno I would say. I wouldn't like to speculate as to why they chose not to... just odd to me.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.