Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 585308 times)

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1365 on: January 19, 2016, 10:12:04 am »
Dave, your walk through the vineyards and suggestion for a local 'trail' is a good idea; such as an extended version of the current Conwy pub trail. I have walked various footpaths and ways in areas of Spain, Ireland, Madeira as well as the Pennine Way and Pembrokeshire Coastal Path, all between hostelries and have done (three times, but I hasten to add, some years ago,) the 'Batham Eight'. However, the planned event is a RACE, and is billed as such with a winning/finishing line, and that is different to a 'trail; simple experience suggests that people, alcohol and physical exertion of that type is a dangerous mix.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1366 on: January 23, 2016, 05:33:45 pm »
I can see from my window a helicopter hovering above the ship that has been moored in the Bay at Colwyn this afternoon. As it's dark now I can't see exactly what is going on but it's hovering pretty low at the moment.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1367 on: January 25, 2016, 07:52:26 pm »
Inshore lifeboat just launched from Deganwy slipway (19:45hrs) heading slowly with a searchlight towards the helicopter hovering over West Shore.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1368 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:34 pm »
Inshore lifeboat just launched from Deganwy slipway (19:45hrs) heading slowly with a searchlight towards the helicopter hovering over West Shore.

Heading towards Conwy now!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1369 on: January 25, 2016, 08:21:31 pm »
And now gone off towards Bangor.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1370 on: January 25, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »

Aye, lifeboat has just got back to Deganwy too so whatever it was must now be over.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1371 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:41 pm »

Aye, lifeboat has just got back to Deganwy too so whatever it was must now be over.

*snore* *snore* *snore* *snore* *snore* *snore*
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #1372 on: January 25, 2016, 08:33:53 pm »
Daily Post blog says this......

Boys found after search

We’re told that a missing person search was sparked after two boys aged 12 and 13 attempted to take a kayak from Deganwy to Conwy. The alarm was raised by one of the boy’s sisters we believe, after the kayak was found empty. But after a search the boys were discovered safe and well in a chip shop in Llandudno Junction.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1373 on: January 25, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »
Enoch's perchance?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1374 on: January 26, 2016, 09:02:56 am »
Enoch's perchance?
A good place to be discovered in. Yummm...fish and chips.....

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1375 on: February 23, 2016, 07:32:31 pm »
Mars recalls chocolate in 55 countries

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35642075

I wish I'd known that before eating my Mars bars today.    :o

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1376 on: March 28, 2016, 10:58:23 pm »
Watch yobs vandalise Llandudno restaurant signs on night gang of men was barred from town's pubs

Yobs were filmed mindlessly vandalising signs outside a Llandudno restaurant on a night a large gang of men was barred from the town’s pubs.

Patrick O'Neill, the owner of the resort’s Cambridge Mostyn Restaurant, accused the yobs of causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage to his signs in an incident caught on CCTV.

A group of 17 men, thought to be from Flint, descended on Llandudno on Easter Sunday, smashing signs and kicking pub doors after being singled out by the resort’s Pub Watch scheme.

Police eventually saw the group onto a minibus and away from the scene.
Mr O’Neill said: “There were five police cars and they had coralled a group across the road by HMV.
“I looked at my CCTV footage and I saw it was 9.40pm when they were assaulting our signs.
“There were four damaged at £600 each, and we need them to attract customers because we have no ground floor frontage.
“Without all my signs, I could lose up to £6,000 trade over the next three days.
“This has happened three years on the trot.”

The group was ejected from Bar 147 after becoming rowdy, and Pub Watch and the town’s CCTV system were alerted.

Yobs were then captured on CCTV kicking and breaking the restaurant signs and they were refused entry to Wetherspoons, The Town House and the London pubs.
Jimmy Mann, licensee of the King’s Arms, said the yobs kicked their doors after being refused entry.
“We got told by the Pub Watch they had been refused by another bar in town,” he said.
“I instructed the staff to close the doors, turn the outside lights off and not let them in.
“When they were refused, they started to kick the door. We had customers in here.”
Staff called the police, who held the group across the road from the pub and dispatched them via minibus.

A North Wales Police spokeswoman said: “We had a report of criminal damage in Llandudno just before 10pm on Sunday by a large group of men.
“Our investigation is ongoing to identify those responsible for causing the damage.
“If anyone has any information, call 101 and ask for Llandudno police.”

VIDEO..    http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-yobs-vandalise-llandudno-restaurant-11104668

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1377 on: March 29, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »
Watch yobs vandalise Llandudno restaurant signs on night gang of men was barred from town's pubs

Patrick O'Neill, the owner of the resort’s Cambridge Mostyn Restaurant, accused the yobs of causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage to his signs “There were four damaged at £600 each, and we need them to attract customers because we have no ground floor frontage. “Without all my signs, I could lose up to £6,000 trade over the next three days. “This has happened three years on the trot.”

I can't say I'm surprised by the fact that three years on the trot damage has been done to Mr O'Neill's signs outside the entrance to the Cambridge. The number of them he puts out, blocking the pavement to attract customers, is utterly ridiculous. If he needs that many signs to attract customers into his establishment he's obviously trading in the wrong place.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1378 on: April 09, 2016, 01:04:34 pm »
From April 2016 it will be a legal requirement for ALL dogs to be micro chipped and contact details up-to-date.

As a dog owner I can't think of anything worse than having your dog stolen or lost and I've read in the papers recently of dogs being reunited with their owners thanks to the fact that the dog was micro chipped.  We had ours micro chipped when he had his first injections, just like the other dogs we have had.
When anything is made mandatory there will always be some people objecting to it and there was a guy on TV this week speaking out against micro chipping dogs and even implied that it was against the animals rights to be chipped.
He advised dog owners, especially those with small breeds, not to have their dogs micro chipped.    It's not a choice now, as it has been made compulsory for dog owners to have their dogs micro chipped and there is a hefty fine if the dog owner refuses to do so.
I bet that guy on the TV won't pay the fine for them

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwieg4OXvYHMAhWCXBoKHTWIB1kQFggjMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.petlog.org.uk%2Fpet-owner%2Fcompulsory-microchipping-for-dog-owners%2F&usg=AFQjCNG4lVCAkj_0hGRw7eH5zY_9fAK6xg

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1379 on: April 09, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »
I wonder how long before humans are microchipped?   ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas