Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 581140 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1275 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »
ARREST: North Wales Police have arrested a second man in connection with the robbery at William Hill Bookmakers in Llandudno. The 21-year-old man is currently in custody in St Asaph.REFDP

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1276 on: August 14, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

The offender had his face covered and left the store with a quantity of cash - believed to be just over £200, according to a source.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   ... if he had wanted to steal just £200, he should have robbed my kiosk on the pier... on a 'good' day!

:laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1277 on: August 16, 2015, 01:15:03 pm »
Fires sparked by dodgy chargers have tripled in two years

Millions of electrical chargers are being sold in unregulated online markets as firefighters warn blazes sparked by them have TRIPLED in two years.

Our investigator uncovered hundreds of devices being sold on the internet not carrying European safety markings.

Many were unbranded. And some were on offer for only a few pence.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/fires-sparked-dodgy-chargers-tripled-9865143

Offline SteveH

Re: Stop Press aircraft bird strike
« Reply #1278 on: August 17, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »
Live: Plane from Liverpool to Bucharest circling over North Wales for more than an hour

MORE....http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/live-plane-liverpool-bucharest-circling-9871173

Flight OB134 had a bird strike, has been burning off fuel to enable a safe landing-passengers and crew safe-shortly coming into land

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1279 on: August 17, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »
Plane landed safely at 12.34pm, before checks were carried out to assess whether any damage had been caused.

No marks or damage were found and the plane was cleared to refuel and head back out to complete its flight to Romania a short time later.

Passengers on-board were kept on the aircraft until it was ready to take back off.

Robin Tudor, head of PR at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, said the flight had landed “perfectly” after a decision was made to return to Liverpool as a precautionary measure.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/plane-circling-north-wales-bird-9873898

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1280 on: August 20, 2015, 07:10:18 pm »
Man arrested following armed robbery at Conwy post office
A man has been arrested following an armed robbery at a post office in Conwy this afternoon.

North Wales Police were alerted to the incident on Conway Road, Talybont, shortly after 3.30pm

A short while later a man was arrested in connection with the crime and is now in police custody.

Det Insp Michael Isaacs said: “Officers took swift, positive action and as a result a man is now in police custody.

“I would like to reassure the public that offences of this nature are unusual for the west Conwy area, albeit there was an unrelated similar offence in Llandudno two weeks ago where a man was arrested, charged and put before the courts.”

Anyone with information regarding the latest incident is asked to contact North Wales Police on 101, quoting reference number S126545.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/armed-raid-conwy-post-office-9899555

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1281 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:48 am »
A man will appear in court today charged with armed robbery after a Conwy Post Office was targeted yesterday.

Nigel John Edwards will appear at Prestatyn Magistrates Court this morning charged with attempted robbery and possession of a knife.
Edwards, of Gwel yr Afon, Llandudno Junction , was arrested by officers just hours after the Post Office in Talybont was raided yesterday shortly after 3.30am.
Bail was refused and Edwards will be put before Magistrates this morning.

Det Insp Michael Isaacs said: “I would like to reassure the public that offences of this nature are unusual for the west Conwy area, albeit there was an unrelated similar offence in Llandudno two weeks ago where a man was arrested, charged and put before the courts.”

Anyone with information regarding the latest incident is asked to contact North Wales Police on 101, quoting reference number S126545.    refDP

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1282 on: August 21, 2015, 02:34:55 pm »
Man admits Lllandudno William Hill bookies robbery

A young man has admitted armed robbery of a member of staff at a Llandudno bookmaker’s office.
Defendant Jaher Ahmed Miah, 21, appeared from custody at Mold Crown Court today for a preliminary hearing.
But Miah, of Carmen Sylva Road in Llandudno, asked that the charges be put to him and he admitted them all.
He pleaded guilty to robbery at The William Hill Bookmaker’s office in Glodaeth Street, Llandudno, on August 10, possessing an imitation firearm while carrying out the robbery, and possessing a quantity of cannabis, a class B drug.

A second man, Andrew John Owens, 21, of Maes Clyd, Llandudno, admitted a charge that between August 8 and August he conspired with Miah to commit the robbery.

Judge Rhys Rowlands was told that it was the prosecution case that while Owens was not with Miah at the time the robbery occurred, they had been discussing the robbery beforehand.

The court was told that Owens had no previous convictions and that Miah had one previous conviction for burglary.
No details of the robbery were opened in court today and the judge remanded both in custody, to appear for sentence on September 17.
The judge told them that custody was inevitable, and that it was simply a question of how long the prison sentence should be.
But he adjourned for pre-sentence reports and he said that the guilty pleas at a preliminary stage were very important and that they would both receive a full one-third credit when it came to sentence.

The judge also asked that a victim impact statement be taken from the victim by the time of the sentencing hearing.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-betting-shop-robbery-guilty-9903977

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1283 on: August 24, 2015, 05:14:11 pm »
Llandudno Burglary suspect who let dogs out to get into house is caught on homeowner's CCTV

A Llandudno woman learned she had been burgled after finding all her dogs had been let out of her house.
Samatha Leach came home to discover her six Shih Tzus in her back yard, and on checking her CCTV system she saw footage of a man letting them out before returning later and apparently stealing items from the house.
Ms Leach posted the CCTV footage on social media in the hope that it will lead police to an arrest.

A North Wales Police spokesman said: “The incident was reported to us at 6pm on August 15 and relates to a burglary at an address in Llandudno where an offender entered the property.
“Police are now investigating and enquiries are ongoing.
“Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101 quoting incident reference number RC15123707.”
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-burglar-cctv-dogs-police-9919482

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1284 on: September 07, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »
I was going into the Archives mid afternoon today when a call went out for the Lifeboat.  The Coxwain and the crew were there in minutes and when I came out of the Archives about 20 minutes later I went up to St Tudno's Church and the Lifeboat was next to a yacht about 400 yards from the Great Orme.
I don't know what had happened to the yacht but those volunteers who man the Lifeboats do a great job.

Offline Hugo

Re: silver grey Citroen hatch back SCAM Warning
« Reply #1285 on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:01 pm »
Yesterday a friend of mine was driving up Kings Road and stopped at the T junction by St Andrews Church as a car was approaching from Lansdowne Road and going up  Kings Drive.
He let the car pass and then followed it up the hill.    Without any warning the car in front stopped immediately, there were no brake lights on the other vehicle. It was the squeal of brakes from the other car that alerted my friend and he did an emergency stop and veered to the right and thus avoided an impact.
The other car with two male occupants then raced off at speed, so fast that my friend couldn't see the registration number.
He realised that this was a scam and reported the matter to the Police.
If anyone on here is involved in a similar scam with this silver grey Citroen hatch back  please report the matter to the Police
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:52:27 pm by Ian »

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1286 on: September 09, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »
Thanks, Hugo.  No wonder more folk are installing dashcams.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1287 on: September 09, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »
I've already got one installed in one of my cars just in case something like that happened to me.     $good$

Offline Gavel

« Reply #1288 on: September 09, 2015, 09:33:39 pm »
Forgive the hijack Hugo, but can you recommend a good dashcam based on your experience?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1289 on: September 09, 2015, 10:31:54 pm »
Mine's just a cheap one, about £29.95  that I bought through the Daily Mirror but I think that you can get it at Maplins.    It's just cheap and cheerful and I suppose you get what you pay for.
It's audio as well as video but I haven't had to test it out yet.   After watching some of those Russian car crashes as well as some of the drivers that are around here I thought that I'd give it a go.
At the price I paid for it, I wasn't too bothered about the quality so I can't really recommend a good dashcam for you, sorry Gavin