Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 573448 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1170 on: March 25, 2015, 05:36:32 pm »
Grand Theatre is sold at auction for £140k.
Not a bad result for a building that requires £500k+ of repairs...

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1171 on: March 28, 2015, 11:56:06 am »
Just had my first notification from Waverley Excursions and as it gets sold out early I thought I'd give you the heads up. I do hope they have better luck docking this year

Liverpool & North Wales   
September 1st - September 2nd

Sailing from Liverpool Cruise Terminal and Llandudno Pier - recapture the days of the romance of the North Wales steamers – St Tudno – St Trillo – St Seriol.  On Tuesday September 1st, steam down the Mersey and along the North Wales Coast, past Colwyn Bay. Spend the afternoon ashore in the Victorian town of Llandudno or stay onboard to cruise along the spectacular Angelsey coast. On Wednesday September 2nd cruise round the Northern Coast of Anglesey to Holyhead, enjoying spectacular views of the Great Orme before cruising round Puffin Island to the vast sandy stretches of Red Wharf Bay. Book early for these cruises as they will sell out!

http://booking.waverleyexcursions.co.uk/?sailing_area=3&utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SPRING+2015
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1172 on: March 28, 2015, 12:38:07 pm »
There are also 3 dockings (at least) scheduled already for July.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1173 on: April 01, 2015, 08:22:13 am »
An Australian businessman has apparently bought the pier. Jack Nemo, from Brisbane, made his fortune designing non-return boomerangs used for sheep herding in the outback and has a long history of asset-stripping. This can't be good news.

www.news.com.au/lifestyle
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1174 on: April 01, 2015, 09:00:13 am »
Good news! I expect it will be covered in Fosters adverts though!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DVT

« Reply #1175 on: April 01, 2015, 09:24:15 am »
... and the date today is ... ???

;D

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1176 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:07 am »
I presume that we shall be getting crocodile rides this year instead of donkeys????? :laugh:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1177 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »
 Possible a new business on the new prom in Colwyn Bay is going to beat the so called celebrity chef carbuncle.
  Early this evening I spotted a car plus trailer plus a man taking photos of car and trailer and beach. The trailer was loaded with what looked, at a very swift sideways glance whilst driving, about 20 identical obviously brand new push bikes.
  Cycle hire springs instantly to mind. I know it was not a success in Llandudno but on that prom, right on the spot of a very successful cycle route and lots of car owners parked up and needing a bit of exercise, I think it could be a winner.
  Wish I had thought of the idea, provided the council don't want a Bryn Celebrity type of concession charge

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1178 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:31 am »
This appears to have slipped past virtually unnoticed, and whilst not wanting to sound like a NIMBY, I have had experience of this situation in a different part of the country and the result for the nearby locality was (and still is, twenty years later) absolutely appalling, as it was in many other similar situations. Nearby property prices dropped like a stone and litter, vandalism and local crime soared. I am aware that the Council have a legal obligation to provide 'amenities' for travellers, but at what expense of local Council Tax payers, Income Tax payers and businesses?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-32218633[/color]
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #1179 on: April 09, 2015, 11:53:35 am »
This is typical of CCBC planning department, not listening to local views or genuine concerns.
There is a  serious problem unfolding regarding  the granting of permission for a care home on the Orme that they were warned about but took little or no notice....

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1180 on: April 09, 2015, 12:07:01 pm »
This is typical of CCBC planning department, not listening to local views or genuine concerns.
There is a  serious problem unfolding regarding  the granting of permission for a care home on the Orme that they were warned about but took little or no notice....

History repeats itself !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #1181 on: April 09, 2015, 12:14:52 pm »
EXACTLY !
Only this time we have emergency vehicles  blocking a single track  road  with poor access 2 or three times a week.
It beggars belief that this ever got through, makes one wonder......... :rage:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1182 on: April 09, 2015, 12:30:00 pm »
This appears to have slipped past virtually unnoticed, and whilst not wanting to sound like a NIMBY, I have had experience of this situation in a different part of the country and the result for the nearby locality was (and still is, twenty years later) absolutely appalling, as it was in many other similar situations. Nearby property prices dropped like a stone and litter, vandalism and local crime soared. I am aware that the Council have a legal obligation to provide 'amenities' for travellers, but at what expense of local Council Tax payers, Income Tax payers and businesses?

amazing that we all pay for a certain family live in palaces because it's 'tradition' but people don't want to allow travellers to stay on a field.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1183 on: April 09, 2015, 12:55:38 pm »

amazing that we all pay for a certain family live in palaces because it's 'tradition' but people don't want to allow travellers to stay on a field.

If you care that much, invite them to live in a field next door to you... or better still, let them live with you?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #1184 on: April 09, 2015, 01:01:30 pm »

I don't foresee floods of tourists wanting to come and look at a bunch of caravans surrounded by rubbish, dogs, kids and transit pickups with out road  tax  to be honest!