Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359887 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #735 on: October 10, 2016, 09:14:08 am »
Went for a walk along the cycle path from West Shore to Conwy yesterday morning. Once again, the section from West Shore to the first corner is completely blocked with sand - almost 6 foot of it in some places. So, we walked on the beach instead.  :D

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #736 on: October 10, 2016, 10:35:48 am »
The route of the Conwy Half Marathon on 20th November 2016 runs along the West Shore and then returns back along it to Conwy.   Should be a feat of endurance for the runners.   

Offline Hugo

« Reply #737 on: November 25, 2016, 04:13:32 pm »
The Conwy Half Marathon held last Saturday had to be rerouted because the West Shore cycle path had not been cleared of sand.    It's probably just as well that the race was run on the main road as the 3,000  plus runners would have had to go single file down the cycle path.
I thought that I'd go and see the cycle track for myself and DaveR was spot on with his description of the cycle track
It's time that CCBC got their act together and abandoned any idea of a cycle track on the West Shore as it has gone beyond a joke now.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #738 on: November 25, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
We could do with that sand on the North Shore
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #739 on: November 25, 2016, 05:02:37 pm »
I was stunned at the lack of sand on the North Shore last weekend.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #740 on: November 25, 2016, 05:16:14 pm »
You two could always volunteer to move the sand from the West Shore to the North  Shore and then bring those rocks back on your return journey.    ;D

Offline Dave

« Reply #741 on: November 25, 2016, 05:46:53 pm »
What it actually means is that the mechanism accepts all coins but doesn't give change. So you could put a 50p or £1 in and that would be the charge.
Doesn't take notes though, especially IOU's!

Incidentally I had occasion to need the loo whilst walking past Haulfre Gardens yesterday. A credit to the town , they are free and kept in immaculate condition but I presume that is the cafe's doing not the council.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #742 on: November 25, 2016, 06:01:28 pm »
You two could always volunteer to move the sand from the West Shore to the North  Shore and then bring those rocks back on your return journey.    ;D

Just put a coastal bike path along the beach on the north shore - that'll do it  D)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #743 on: January 05, 2017, 09:21:36 am »
Yesterday, we had a walk along the sand dunes on the West Shore as we wanted to see the Snow Buntings that had been seen at the Southern end of the dunes.  When we got to the Black Rocks area there were a number of photographers there with cameras mounted on tripods and lenses like bazookas but no Snow Buntings!    We carried on past the last Groyne and did see some of these small birds but they were too far away to photograph so we walked back along the dunes and had a short walk on the Great Orme.
The sand along the cycle track has built up again and there is now no sign of the track,  apart from a depression in the sand where Tellytubby is standing in the photo.
Will CCBC want to clear the sand again?    I just hope that commonsense will prevail and they abandon that project.

Offline Dave

« Reply #744 on: January 05, 2017, 05:06:33 pm »
Yesterday, we had a walk along the sand dunes on the West Shore as we wanted to see the Snow Buntings that had been seen at the Southern end of the dunes.  When we got to the Black Rocks area there were a number of photographers there with cameras mounted on tripods and lenses like bazookas but no Snow Buntings!    We carried on past the last Groyne and did see some of these small birds but they were too far away to photograph

Now you know why you need a Bazooka !
Stretch by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #745 on: January 05, 2017, 06:05:56 pm »
What a great photo.....  $good$  at first I could not see the whole picture, I am only using a small tablet at the moment, but when I touched the screen it zoomed in out, up down.....the detail is fantastic.......  $thanx$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #746 on: January 05, 2017, 06:53:42 pm »
That's a cracking photo Dave.     $good$        Are you the Dave who posted some photos of Llyn Geirionydd on here a few years ago?

Offline Dave

« Reply #747 on: January 05, 2017, 08:04:54 pm »
That's a cracking photo Dave.     $good$        Are you the Dave who posted some photos of Llyn Geirionydd on here a few years ago?
Yep !
and thanks both for the nice remarks.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #748 on: January 05, 2017, 08:43:09 pm »
Yep !
I would be interested in seeing those photos Dave, as I lived by the lake in the 80s/90s I have searched but no luck can you please point me to the thread, Ta.

Offline Dave

« Reply #749 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:01 pm »
Yep !
I would be interested in seeing those photos Dave, as I lived by the lake in the 80s/90s I have searched but no luck can you please point me to the thread, Ta.

They are not that good!
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33.msg79129.html#msg79129