Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 372723 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #720 on: August 10, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »
Steve,  I forgot to mention that there was an element of risk in that scientific experiment I was talking about and it has been known to backfire on some participating people, often with disastrous results.
I assume that you haven't gone ahead with the test, but at least it has proved a couple of things:-
a)    You are an intelligent person
b)    You are definitely not a CCBC  Councillor
Hugo, Sorry for the delay, but trying to get an EU  $eu funded grant, for UK experiments these days >?>??

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #721 on: August 11, 2016, 08:10:48 am »
Nice one Steve       _))*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #722 on: September 29, 2016, 12:59:40 pm »
The West Shore was wild and windy today and anyone walking along the promenade today would have been sandblasted.  I put on glasses for protection while taking the photos as it was so bad.
At least one person seemed to be enjoying the conditions.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #723 on: September 29, 2016, 02:12:58 pm »
I miss it often.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #724 on: September 29, 2016, 02:36:01 pm »
You wouldn't miss it today PhilMick.  I saw the surfer and parked the car by the lake and went out to take a photo but the sand was so bad I returned to the car to get a coat and glasses and even then I walked along the road to the Toll Gate to avoid the sand.
The photos were taken at a distance as there was no way I was going near the top of the lake where the sand was blowing over.
On a calm sunny day though it is lovely place to go to.     $good$

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #725 on: September 29, 2016, 03:45:52 pm »
Walking around Trentham lake here just doesn't match up - my complexion needs a little  sandblasting now and again.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #726 on: September 30, 2016, 01:36:52 pm »
I didn't mention this yesterday, but when I got home from the West Shore my ear was full of sand so I had to wash all the sand out with a shower hose.
It sounds funny but it's not really for those people living in that area who are affected by the sand.   It's an ecological disaster that is man made but could be stopped now if only the experts on the CCBC  would admit that they have made a mistake.       >?>??

I don't know when you lived in Llandudno PhilMick   but I've posted two photos from the same spot.  One was taken before the sea defence in 1993 and the other one after.  Can you tell which one is which?

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #727 on: September 30, 2016, 04:06:45 pm »
I see your point.

I new that there had been a problem but I hadn't realised it was that bad.

Has any remedial work been done to improve matters - I think I know the answer to that.

I'll be in town tomorrow and the weather forecast looks foul. We usuallly walk the length of the West Shore weather permitting.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #728 on: September 30, 2016, 04:13:28 pm »
Llandudno mayor Cllr Carol Marubbi is urging Conwy County Borough Council to clean the boating lake on the town’s West Shore.
She said: “There is swan and seagull excrement in there, and even a carcass the other day. It needs cleaning out, seagulls carry a bacteria which can cause conjunctivitus and if people are walking around and getting it on their shoes it’s unacceptable.
“It looks awful and is dangerous to the health of people and animals. I’ve been concerned about this for some time.
”We’ve reported it three times but it is down to the county council. “It’s a mess and it’s a health and safety issue.”

West Shore resident Jane Mater also complained about the state of the attraction.
She said: “It’s the mess and the amount of litter and feathers. It doesn’t give a good impression to visitors, it should be cleared more often. If it was on the North Shore I’m sure it would be cleared more.
“In the six and a half years I’ve been here it seems to have gone down in the last four years. There doesnt seem to be much effort in litter picking by the council.”

A spokesperson for Conwy Council said: “The boating lake is emptied and cleaned once a year before the Easter holidays ready for the summer season and path cleaning takes place regularly.
”Litter picking is carried out every day, however, it’s everyone’s responsibility to keep Conwy a clean and attractive place.”   refPioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #729 on: September 30, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »
I see your point.

I new that there had been a problem but I hadn't realised it was that bad.

Has any remedial work been done to improve matters - I think I know the answer to that.

I'll be in town tomorrow and the weather forecast looks foul. We usuallly walk the length of the West Shore weather permitting.

I hope that you enjoy your visit to the town and that the weather is better than you expect.  There is a nice walk from the car park and cafe on the West Shore across the sand hills to where the old Black Rocks used to be.      Let us know if you can see a cycle track there as I'm told that there was one there once upon a time!          ;D

Offline Dave

« Reply #730 on: September 30, 2016, 06:53:10 pm »
There's a business opportunity here for someone....camel rides.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #731 on: September 30, 2016, 07:05:09 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #732 on: September 30, 2016, 07:31:22 pm »
I hope that you enjoy your visit to the town and that the weather is better than you expect.  There is a nice walk from the car park and cafe on the West Shore across the sand hills to where the old Black Rocks used to be.      Let us know if you can see a cycle track there as I'm told that there was one there once upon a time! 

We've decided to take the train excursion - it's handy for the cafe.

It's a nice circular journey and there's no need to change or get off.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #733 on: October 01, 2016, 07:00:31 pm »
After visiting Llanrhos cemetery in the pouring rain and then getting wet again in town we retired to Debenham's for breakfast. Then retreated along the A55 under attack from heavy rain until eventually driven back into England to find refuge at home in Staffordshire - raining here too though. Ah well - this time next week we'll be in the rain in Turkey for a fortnight.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #734 on: October 02, 2016, 08:19:57 am »
Well, enjoy Turkey, anyway.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.