Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359705 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #675 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:09 pm »
I was on the West Shore today and saw that they were trying to clean the sand up from the area by the boating lake.   A dumper truck was full of sand and I wondered where they were going to dump that sand.
After all that has been said and experienced in recent years, they must surely be dumping it as far away from the steps as possible, or are they?       &shake& &shake&

Online Hugo

« Reply #676 on: February 08, 2016, 02:19:11 pm »
More gales today at Llandudno but I wouldn't venture on the West Shore for fear of getting sandblasted.   The pile of sand I saw the other day is still there and going nowhere at present.
At least it's not blowing back into the streets, for now anyway.

Online Hugo

« Reply #677 on: February 10, 2016, 10:42:31 pm »
It's a shame that the Summer House belonging to St Petrocks has been allowed to deteriorate as it's in such a unique and beautiful location.
There was a herd of Goats by Haulfre gardens but there one was on it's own high above the Toll House and it caught my attention. It seems that the Jackdaw noticed the Goat too.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #678 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:42 am »
It's a shame that the Summer House belonging to St Petrocks has been allowed to deteriorate as it's in such a unique and beautiful location.
I've always thought that too, would be a fantastic holiday home.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #679 on: February 12, 2016, 03:33:25 pm »
Summer House !! you learn something new everyday on this forum.

Online Hugo

« Reply #680 on: February 12, 2016, 05:35:41 pm »
I believe that there is a cave that goes from the Summer House under the Marine Drive and ends up in the garage of St Petrocks.    The cave was the home of Isaac and Miriam Jones who lived there with their many children before  the Marine Drive was completed
One of our forum members who  is related to Isaac and Miriam was lucky enough to visit the cave last year.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #681 on: February 12, 2016, 06:24:02 pm »
They took the name plate away at the front of St Petrocks...wonder if they were fed up of people peering in?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #682 on: February 13, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »
Thanks for that Hugo

Online Hugo

« Reply #683 on: February 13, 2016, 10:32:28 pm »
Thanks for that Hugo

You're very welcome, here's a photo of the Summer house from the beach.   I can remember when it was in use, but that was a long time ago.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: February 16, 2016, 08:21:03 am »
The sand on the West Shore Cycle path has now reached biblical proportions, it's certainly a sight to behold. The newly created sand dunes are so deep that people are having to divert onto the beach to get round them in places.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #685 on: February 16, 2016, 08:41:04 am »
I suspect they're preparing for a remake of The Ten Commandments...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Online Hugo

« Reply #686 on: February 16, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
The sand on the West Shore Cycle path has now reached biblical proportions, it's certainly a sight to behold. The newly created sand dunes are so deep that people are having to divert onto the beach to get round them in places.

When will they ever learn!     Another failed CCBC project

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #687 on: February 16, 2016, 04:31:05 pm »
This council say they have to find £ 16 mill savings ,how many times did they move the sand ,and how many time will they waste Our money this year .

Online Hugo

« Reply #688 on: February 21, 2016, 10:48:23 am »

If you Google Conwy Council Webcast, then click on webcast portal it will take you to where you can view the live Webcasts. Also there is an archive of Webcasts going back 6 months. They usually put all the info on times etc a few days before, under future webcasts. If you miss it live then you will be able to view it a few hours later when they put it back on. They really are an eye opener.  :o

Do you know if they will do any research prior to the meeting because there is a lot of evidence in the public areas on West Shore  and a lot of photos and comments on here too?

Online Hugo

« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »

I went there this morning and had a short walk along the "cycle track" and it's exactly as Dave has described.   I decided to let my dog off his lead as there were no cyclists on the path today    ;D     and you can get some idea of the sand problem when you see my dog in the picture.
In one photo Marco is sitting by a fence, well the top of it anyway as the other 3 feet or so of the fence is completely buried by the sand.
Coming back towards the car park I put Marco back on his lead as I've heard that people have been fined in that area for not having their dogs on the lead so I didn't fancy getting a large fine.
As I approached my car I noticed a large white CCBC parked in the road and saw a reference on the side of the van about dog owners
getting fined, which seemed ironic when the van was parked entirely on a bus stop.   There was so many other parking spaces on the road, why would they choose a bus stop to park?