Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359990 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2015, 09:49:02 am »
They cleared the sand few weeks ago and took it out of where the statue was ,it was all back few days later , they also cleared the cycle path  _))* two days later sand was back ,this council really knows how to waste Our money . If they did a one off job of taking them two Rock groynes away ,back to how it was .

Norman,  I had a look at the level of the sand by the groynes and it is now above the level of the promenade so no wonder it is blowing over the wall quicker than in the past.   Especially when those muppets dump more sand on top of what's there already

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »
    To be fair to the Council it only takes a matter of a few hours if the conditions are unsuitable for a massive invasion of sand.  The conditions are a very strong   wind in exactly the "wrong" direction and a very low tide. Get these two in an area subject to suffering from sand and you have trouble.
    I remember a good few years ago, probably about 40, when Sandy Cove (now you know why it got its name. Its not a nickname) between Towyn and Kinmel Bay when it was so bad a dozen or more bungalows were more or less impossible to get in or out. It must have been bad, I remember the Mayor from Colwyn Bay being driven down in his chauffeured car to give a (publicity) hand at trying to help residents out.   It took only around three hours for the sand to arrive.

Offline mull

« Reply #632 on: May 07, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »
Thanks for the photos, glad I am not having to live with that lot.

It does not look like it is bothering the big fluffy fella.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »
My dog Marco and I were on the West Shore sand hills a few years ago looking for the cycle track from the West Shore to Deganwy that the CCBC Councillors in their wisdom approved of and had constructed.
Just so you know where it is if you want to cycle on that route,  it is about one or two feet below the sand where these walkers are on!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #634 on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:20 am »
The Cycle Path has almost completely disappeared for a distance of several hundred yards. Isn't about time CCBC just gave up on trying to defeat the elements here?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #635 on: May 12, 2015, 10:51:57 am »
They should turn it into a tunnel!  WWW
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #636 on: May 12, 2015, 10:59:26 am »
The Cycle Path has almost completely disappeared for a distance of several hundred yards. Isn't about time CCBC just gave up on trying to defeat the elements here?

How they ever thought it was a good idea, I'll never know.
Put a cycle path, at beach level, lying perpendicular to the prevailing SW winds.....what could possible go wrong?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #637 on: September 08, 2015, 01:08:23 pm »
The Cycle Path has once again been cleared of sand. Sand is already starting to encroach upon it.  &shake&

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #638 on: September 08, 2015, 01:48:41 pm »
I would love to know the cost of that job ,must be at least eight times this year they have cleared it ,few days and it's back ,ccbc know how to waste Our money .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #639 on: September 08, 2015, 04:17:26 pm »
I couldn't find the cycle track when I went past in August and my dog was looking for it too but he couldn't find it either.    What does it look like Dave?      Hope that you took a photo just to prove that there is in fact one there.       WWW

Offline Cyril Hoskins

« Reply #640 on: September 08, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »
The Cycle Path has once again been cleared of sand. Sand is already starting to encroach upon it.  &shake&

The sand doesn't return as often and as quickly as this thread does.

Can't wait to hear someone bleating about how many tons they've shifted from their gardens/attics etc

And of course we'll have some lovely sepia tinted pictures of ye olde Llandudno when not one drop of sand left the beach.
Everything is just electricity and magnetism; everything is only an illusion. The reality is in the spiritual plane.

Offline Cyril Hoskins

« Reply #641 on: September 08, 2015, 05:19:12 pm »
I couldn't find the cycle track when I went past in August and my dog was looking for it too but he couldn't find it either
No he wasn't Dave.
Everything is just electricity and magnetism; everything is only an illusion. The reality is in the spiritual plane.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #642 on: September 08, 2015, 08:45:31 pm »
I would love to know the cost of that job ,must be at least eight times this year they have cleared it ,few days and it's back ,ccbc know how to waste Our money .
The path needs to be re-routed along the top of the sand dunes onto the footpath there, I think.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #643 on: September 08, 2015, 09:39:17 pm »
You can't build a path through, over or around sand dunes and expect it to remain open and clear. It just doesn't happen.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2015, 09:41:47 am »

The sand doesn't return as often and as quickly as this thread does.

Can't wait to hear someone bleating about how many tons they've shifted from their gardens/attics etc

And of course we'll have some lovely sepia tinted pictures of ye olde Llandudno when not one drop of sand left the beach.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be but it's good to see scepticism isn't a major problem either