Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 360353 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2013, 03:41:15 pm »
I trust there was no artistic license in your photo Dave, but just think how much more impressive it would look if they dumped all the sand from the West Shore onto the North Shore.
Why 10,000 tons, why not dump the lot or have they had to apply to DEFRA for just 10,00 tons?   
No, that photo is straight out of the camera, it does look much better. I think the 10000 tons is a trial and they import more if its a success.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »
If they have already transferred 10,000 tons of sand  to the North Shore,  I still cannot understand why they didn't put the rest of the blown sand below the high water mark on the West Shore, it's just ridiculous.
It's ironic that the present sea defence at the West Shore was created because there was a lack of sand there and it was undermining the steps or so the consultants or boffins said.
Their stupidity has created the present sand problem that is gradually getting worse.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #452 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:50 pm »
Being fair, I think the area of sandy beach at North Shore has increased significantly:

Sorry to disappoint you Dave but every last grain of sand that was put on the North Shore was removed by the next high tide. It was piled up to within 2 steps of the promenade. Now there are 14 steps exposed and to be honest I haven't seen the beach that low for years. What has been exposed now is a shingly mess, so we are worse off now than before they started. I posted on the 11th of March Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?   « Reply #3538 on: 11-03-2013, 20:41:44
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »
Quite a sand storm at West Shore today.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #454 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
Looks like the sand is slowly making its own way to North Shore!  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #455 on: April 16, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Just needs a conveyor belt from West to North!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #456 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »
We went to Cafe Dewi for lunch today and as we left I had my driver's window open.  As we entered Abbey Road I got a faceful of sand being blown from the shore.  It you want anything sand blasted just leave it down there for an hour or so! 
 *tumble*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #457 on: April 16, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »
Very high and rough sea there at about 3.15 when we were there. One lonely chap on a windsurfer was having a high old time, spent 1/2 his time climbing back on !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #458 on: April 16, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »
Windsurfer was me. Typical, people only notice when I am struggling. It was actually lack of wind causing the problems at 3:15. Where were you between 2 and 3? I was flying and hardly fell in.

Actually, the sea was not very rough at all when you were in it. May have looked different from where you were.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2013, 03:22:23 pm »
Hi andy CYD-- you have my greatest admiration--- I should have spent the whole afternoon floundering about. It was a pleasure to watch you. :)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #460 on: April 18, 2013, 11:09:21 am »
Quite a sanddune on Gt Ormes Rd this morning.
Hope there is a pic-- had to get a new printer and things aren't quite the same !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: April 18, 2013, 11:23:18 am »
Wow, it was nowhere near as bad when I walked past yesterday evening.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #462 on: April 18, 2013, 01:00:26 pm »
I had intended to walk to the front at West Shore, but upon seeing that little lot I decided it would be alot worse and my shoes were full enough! The dog thought it was ace and had a good old dig !!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #463 on: April 18, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »
I was walking the dog on the West Shore today but not for long as we were sandblasted and that was at the car park end of the Promenade.
The situation with the sand hasn't been helped with the removal of grass from by the White Rabbit Statue because the sand there is dry and is exposed now.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2013, 10:47:17 am »
Whilst heading for Asda this morning, as I drove through the sand dune on Gt Ormes Rd ( which is still exactly as big as it was last week) I noticed a huge wagon full of rolls of turf parked up at the end of Abbey Road where the white rabbit used to be. Perhaps we are covering up the mess???????