Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 360124 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2012, 11:28:50 pm »
This is Killer Kowalski, (Circa 1957)

Even the weather wouldn't have argued with him!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »
I walked along West Shore today and the rabbit statue had gone - have I missed something (apart from the rabbit!)?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #437 on: October 21, 2012, 09:14:36 am »
It went some months ago to be repaired and hasn't been seen since.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #438 on: October 21, 2012, 01:57:46 pm »
It has been put in storage with the Alice in Wonderland xmas lights,they have not been seen since they half demolished the Clarence hotel,funny really the town council could have done some good had they fully demolished it.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #439 on: October 21, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »
Thanks, Nemesis.  I didn't realise it was so long since I'd been there. 

It was a lovely evening on West Shore yesterday, with quite a nice sunset.  I expect that it was at least as nice today, did anyone get a photo?

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2012, 04:48:01 pm »
Has anyone noticed much use being made of the new gym at West Shore?  I've come across and heard of similar things elsewhere and it seems a good idea, so I hope it gets used. 

The views from West Shore were lovely when I was there on Saturday and the swans looked very happy.  (More practice with my new camera!)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2012, 11:38:47 pm »
I checked out the gym equipment at West Shore this week, and it is rather good.

Some very good, sturdy equipment which, if used, could do people a lot of good.
One piece out of eight is already fenced off, and is broken.

Sadly though, as can be seen from the picture in the posting prior to mine, the gym has been sited on a holed rubber mat, but the whole thing is on top of grass!  The grass has grown through the holes and is quite high now.

Moreover, the grass disguises just how much disgusting dog-mess has been left around the equipment.
Many of the holes are full of it.   It makes me sick.
What sort of ignorant tw#t would let their dogs do their business in a public area like that?  $angry$ $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #442 on: December 03, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »
Such a shame it's like that! I've had a go on the outdoor gym at Rhos on Sea and it's very good!

I've noticed more dog stuff around, what happened to these dog wardens?  :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #443 on: December 04, 2012, 10:42:24 am »
I've noticed more dog stuff around, what happened to these dog wardens?  :rage:

Being replaced with private enterprise!     L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:15 pm »
I'm pleased to see the Town Council have finally seen sense and adopted my suggestion from several years ago of replacing the White Rabbit statue with a more durable replica and putting the original in the Library.  $good$

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2012/12/20/llandudno-s-white-rabbit-statue-will-be-replaced-by-a-copy-55243-32461078/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #445 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:44 pm »
I had a walk with my dog on the West Shore today and noticed that the pond had been drained. As there was no water there all the Swans had flown away but just as I was leaving the area, a solitary Swan flew in and was walking around in the sand and mud.
I wonder what is happening there?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:36 pm »
I sent an e-mail to Cllr Priestly about two years ago telling him of the problems of sand on the West Shore and I suggested to him that it would be better when they were clearing the sand there if they took it to the North Shore where there was a severe lack of sand.
In fairness to him he said that he would consider that idea so when I read in the NWWN that 10,000 tons of sand was being taken from the West Shore and was being deposited on the North Shore I felt pleased that at long last someone was listening to a local person.
However when I had a walk on the West Shore with my dog this afternoon I was horrified to see that they have not learned anything.
The sand was being dumped on the shore above the high water mark and levelled by a JCB.  This sand would then dry out and become light ready to be blown back over the wall.       :rage:
There was also a young guy busy(ish) shovelling sand from the sea side of the defence wall and dumping it on top of the dune grass and thus exasperating the problem there.           :rage:
It's not exactly rocket science on how to remove sand and trying to stop it happening again but in future I don't think I'll bother and let them get on with it. The only good thing I can say about CCBC is at least they are keeping men in regular employment.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:28 am »
No Hugo they have put some of the sand on the town beach,unfortunatley it was washed away by last weeks north winds,i think the stuff you saw is the top layer which has the grass on top,but you are right it will all go back to the same spot as on the cycle path.The town beach would be improved if they just scrapped the loose rocks and shingle off the bits of sand we have left,but for some reason this is beyond the town council and of course CCBC to manage,it could even be done by hand but there is no desire to look after Llandudno by either.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:29 am »
Being fair, I think the area of sandy beach at North Shore has increased significantly:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2013, 03:07:58 pm »
I trust there was no artistic license in your photo Dave, but just think how much more impressive it would look if they dumped all the sand from the West Shore onto the North Shore.
Why 10,000 tons, why not dump the lot or have they had to apply to DEFRA for just 10,00 tons?