Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359556 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 08:34:47 pm »
Looks a lot better.  &well&

It does but the sand was blowing in as we were stood there! ::)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »
I was on the West Shore today and Mull's point about the steps is very valid.  I took this photo earlier today and although the area looks nice in the Sun, the sand was nearly a foot deep on the TOP step!   :o
I also took another one from Invalids Walk overlooking the building site at Penmorfa and it is not a nice picture for the town. It's time that Anwyl was put in its place after all the underhand business that has already taken place.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »
I was walking along the West Shore this afternoon and as I was passing the boating lake a photographer was just leaving,  carrying his camera and tripod. He was about 50 yards from the end of the pond when two Swans flew from one end of the lake to the other, and appeared to be running on water as they flew.
It was a fantastic sight to see and I bet the photographer was cursing his luck.  Unfortunately I wasn't carrying my camera either!
I walked back to my car and saw a large sign at the Sunnymede Hotel.   It was Charter Homes advertising one and two bedroomed contemporary apartments for sale.  I haven't seen any planning notices in the past relating to the hotel so I don't know if this is the case of another hotel being demolished and apartments being built on the site.    ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »
I was walking along the West Shore this afternoon and as I was passing the boating lake a photographer was just leaving,  carrying his camera and tripod. He was about 50 yards from the end of the pond when two Swans flew from one end of the lake to the other, and appeared to be running on water as they flew.
It was a fantastic sight to see and I bet the photographer was cursing his luck.  Unfortunately I wasn't carrying my camera either!
You need to be quick on the ball, Hugo! With this photo, I was walking along the lake when I heard the beating of the wings as they took off just behind me and just swung around and held the shutter down to let the camera take photos continuously:

Swans by SnakeCorp, on Flickr

I walked back to my car and saw a large sign at the Sunnymede Hotel.   It was Charter Homes advertising one and two bedroomed contemporary apartments for sale.  I haven't seen any planning notices in the past relating to the hotel so I don't know if this is the case of another hotel being demolished and apartments being built on the site.    ???
Fraid so. A 3-storey development comprising 3 x one bedroom, 6 x two bedrooms and 2 x three bedrooms, self contained apartments.

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/E_MINUTES/e_post2002/e_regulatory/e_planning/e_reports/07-34032.pdf

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 06:37:49 pm »
Sunnymede Hotel in its final days before demolition:

[smg id=795]

Offline Hugo

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 11:28:04 am »
Great photo of the Swans Dave and the sky looks an incredible colour too.    I take it that the snapper yesterday wasn't you, he had his hood up (West Shore winds) so I only saw his face briefly when he turned around when he heard the Swans taking off.

I can understand the owners selling to the developers as it must be hard to run a business in these times but that's the 4th one on the West Parade that has done that. I just hope that the others don't all do it too as otherwise it'll be all apartments and town houses  along the front.

Yorkie

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 01:13:43 pm »
I think it will continue like this until the town can offer something more than just being a stepping stone to Snowdonia.     $wales

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:09 pm »
 8)  How is the friends of the West Shore coming along,Craig y Don park looks great so when is the park on West Parade getting new equipment   Z**.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 08:35:41 pm »
Have the people running the miniature golf at West Shore given up? I haven't seen them open for ages at the weekend, even on sunny days. Of course, people can always visit the Great Orme Family Golf which is open for a few more weeks.  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:46 pm »
Great photo of the Swans Dave and the sky looks an incredible colour too.    I take it that the snapper yesterday wasn't you, he had his hood up (West Shore winds) so I only saw his face briefly when he turned around when he heard the Swans taking off.
Wasn't me, Hugo!  $bounce$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 04:21:14 am »
8)  How is the friends of the West Shore coming along,Craig y Don park looks great so when is the park on West Parade getting new equipment   Z**.

Friends of West Shore have been coming along nicely.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 08:43:40 am »
OMG-- Nearly lost my breakfast--- that's gross ! :puke2:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 04:01:31 am »
OMG-- Nearly lost my breakfast--- that's gross ! :puke2:

$dins$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 06:47:51 pm »
The Tollhouse at West Shore is up for sale - £450,000:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28281085.html

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »
Strange how the spec doesn't show any pictures of inside the house, only the outside! No garden to speak of but I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought it with a view to it being turned into a holiday cottage. Can the new buyers start charging tolls  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:18:01 pm by TheMedz »