Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 372778 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:16 pm »
Sounds as though we are having a White Rabbit trail with paw preints to follow :o into the lake probably !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2011, 01:35:59 pm »
 :roll: Just walked to Conwy and back and there where quite q few cyclists out today and yes theyu had to walk most of the cycle path from the West Shore to black rocks,now we all new there was a mini heatwave this weekend and there would be thousands useing the cycle path,so who in CCBC is responsible for clearing the path and why was it not done.Ihave said it before and i;ll say it again ,why can;t they have the naughty boys on probation down there once a week to clear it. D)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2011, 11:49:24 am »
 :-  A couple of weeks ago the FOTWS group announced they were getting new play equiptment for the play area ,it looks very sparse at the moment :'(

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2011, 06:38:38 pm »
 D) Glad to report that the cycle paths is clear at the moment so this is your chance. ZXZ

Offline Trojan

« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2011, 01:22:58 am »
D) Glad to report that the cycle paths is clear at the moment so this is your chance. ZXZ

:cyclist40:

Offline margo

« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:16 am »
:roll: Just walked to Conwy and back and there where quite q few cyclists out today and yes theyu had to walk most of the cycle path from the West Shore to black rocks,now we all new there was a mini heatwave this weekend and there would be thousands useing the cycle path,so who in CCBC is responsible for clearing the path and why was it not done.Ihave said it before and i;ll say it again ,why can;t they have the naughty boys on probation down there once a week to clear it. D)
i'm with wrex on this one

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2011, 05:37:31 pm »
Cycle path all sanded up in places again today. I ended up under the bike stupidly trying to negotiate on of the sandier bits. Lesson in life number 1 - sand is nice and soft to fall on but not when the bike comes down on top of you.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2011, 10:34:47 am »
Does anybody know when they are going to improve the play area as promised, the only thing i think they achieved up to now is the row of shrubs they planted ontop of the wall which do not look very healthy. ££$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »
I had a walk on the West Shore today anorak on with the hood up and sunglasses to protect my eyes from the driving sand. Didn't walk as far as the boating lake though as it was horrendous at about 3.00pm.
Can't imagine what it must be like there now as the wind here is gale force!
Plenty of sand blowing about and the grassed area is getting smaller and smaller but it's only going to get worse with the Winter storms that lie ahead.      :(

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2011, 10:40:34 am »
just been reading the story in the paper ,what a joke i can just see it now the lads saying to the boss ???  but boss when we clear the sand it will only blow back ,boss says do as your told i,m in charge  _))* who gave these bosses the jobs must have had a great sense of humour ;D

Offline Ian48

« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2011, 10:46:26 am »
I have been reading with interest some of the suggestions from the Friends of West Shore regarding their plans to smarten up the area.

They say their top priority is to move the White Rabbit statue to the middle of the boating lake.

While trying to be polite, I think this is one of the daftest suggestions that I have ever heard regarding the statue and to spend public money on it would be a real waste. The boating lake is a large body of water and the statue is fairly small as statues go.

If you visualise the statue being in the middle of the lake, then it doesn't take much to realise that it will be completely overwhelmed, you'd be lucky if you could see even the remotest detail of the statue.

While no-body wants to see it permanently surrounded by its glorified rabbit cage, at least you can see what it is and read the inscription. In the middle of the lake it would lose any significance it has at the moment, due to it being disproportionately small to retain any.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2011, 02:18:08 pm »
just been reading the story in the paper ,what a joke i can just see it now the lads saying to the boss ???  but boss when we clear the sand it will only blow back ,boss says do as your told i,m in charge  _))* who gave these bosses the jobs must have had a great sense of humour ;D

The picture amused me !! Lawrence of Arabia is just coming out from behind the dumper !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2011, 04:26:12 pm »
Thanks for posting that link Nemesis and it just shows you how stupid CCBC has been in relation to the West Shore.  Common sense and CCBC are as far apart as ever.
As I've said many times before the dry sand is just put back on the beach BUT above the high water mark where it remains dry and light in weight. So consequently it's going to blow back especially in a gale force 8 howler!   
Llandudno UDC began the demise of the West Shore and they started spoiling it with that stupid new Sea Defence and they ruined what once were lovely sandhills.   They started putting rubbish on the top of the sand hills and when I asked some local people about it, I was told it was done like that as they wanted to build a "road" to Deganwy. 
Now there is talk of moving the cycle track to the top of the dunes.   CCBC are just going round and round in circles and who knows where they'll end up!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2011, 06:03:38 pm »
 :) I ve said it ten times and i will say it again, put the community offenders on it, NO COST. One day a week will help keep it clear,no build up ,sorted. :rage: