Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 370324 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2011, 12:04:58 pm »
 :)Well LLechwedd what happens is the water still runs into the pond and straight into the sea ,so the pond is never completly dry. :roll:

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2011, 12:18:12 pm »
Noticed yesterday that the gate to Marine Drive just past the west shore toll house has been partially destroyed.  What's left of it looks burned.  Anyone know what happened?

I noticed it for the first time when I walked around the Orme last week and wondered what it was.  Anyway a few days later I remembered a conversation I had had some weeks ago and I believe it may have been caused by someone who stole a car and set it alight there. The stolen car actually belonged to my nephew!       :rage:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »
Noticed yesterday that the gate to Marine Drive just past the west shore toll house has been partially destroyed.  What's left of it looks burned.  Anyone know what happened?

Is this what you saw Llechwedd?   You can see from the scorch marks on the ground that the vehicle was torched there.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2011, 12:20:42 pm »
Oh yes I have seen a trickle going across the lake.  Seems obvious now you've explained. Thanks.

Yes that's the gate I saw.  What a shame.  Hope no one was hurt.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2011, 06:40:22 pm »

Yes that's the gate I saw.  What a shame.  Hope no one was hurt.
[/quote

No one was hurt Llechwedd because we haven't found out who stole the car yet!   

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:47 pm »
Sand season over? Very quiet here, I can hear the gnashing of the rats in the rocks!

Just why don't they routinely harvest the blown sand and dump it on the north shore?
Micox

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2011, 08:48:13 am »
 ZXZ I know i keep asking this question without anyone knowing but its worth another try, does anyone know what the Friends ot West Shore have achieved yet or what plans they have and no shrubs need to be mentioned as most are dead.  D)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »
Mountains of sand on the prom again this morning when I walked the dog-- the Alice pond is 1/2 empty again as well.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
 :o I hope Jason manages to get the Cycle path cleared intime for the Prom day dash on 3 june. WWW

Offline Rob

• Penmorfa Paintings
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:51 pm »
I keep checking back to this post looking for an answer to Wrex's question. I found this: and its exciting that funds could be made available. I'm guessing nothings happened though? Also found this, maybe an unfair comparison but...wow! . Organised or what!

Offline Rob

• Penmorfa Paintings
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2011, 11:45:25 pm »
Hmph, sorry, URL issues, won't be a tick...

Offline Rob

• Penmorfa Paintings
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:36 pm »
I keep checking back to this post looking for an answer to Wrex's question. I found this: Llandudno Friends of West Shore which you will have already seen and its exciting that funds could be made available. I'm guessing nothings happened though? Also found this, maybe an unfair comparison but...wow Lake Tahoe - organised or what!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:22 am »
Good find Rob. Makes me want to pop to the West Shore this weekend.  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2011, 02:13:08 pm »
I see in the Pioneer that the Friends of West Shore plan to relocate the White Rabbit Statue....to the middle of the Lake.  :o

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2011, 05:25:26 pm »
That means that the "lake" will be full of stones and rocks thrown at the statue by the usual yobs.   ££$

Get rid of the rabbit and the whole Alice image.   The town has more famous people to celebrate other than Dodgson.   WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero