Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 373111 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
I had a walk along the West Shore promenade yesterday but had to turn around by the White Rabbit statue as the sand was blowing into my face.
It didn't stop the windsurfer though from having a great time on the water, He was going like a rocket over the crest of the waves and was thoroughly enjoying himself, but I was glad to return to the car after my short walk.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2011, 02:39:58 pm »
Drove past this a.m. and the sand is building up again !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2011, 03:27:09 pm »
I wonder what happened to the 'West Shore Group' who were going to try and sort it out?
Dictum Meum Pactum

brumbob

« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2011, 03:34:09 pm »
probably up to their neck in it, sand that is  :laugh:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2011, 05:20:24 pm »
I was walking on the West Shore again today and definitely picked the wrong time to do it.     The blowing sand was really bad but the driving rain and hail finished me off.
I only had a very quick walk and had to go home to dry as I got absolutely soaked!       :(

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »
Poor swans languishing this morning in very little water in the boating pool - it has obviously been drained.

A local resident was having the sand removed by Eddie Hall from her front path which had become hazardous. A local councillor had suggested Eddie Hall when it was mentioned - so no help from the council then!!

brumbob

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »
I only washed the car the weekend, today it's covered in sand  :rage:
and I'm 130 miles away

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
Tried to walk on the front at West Shore this a.m. but the blowing sand was like dermabrasion. Returned home with both ears full, a sandy coated dog, and a mucky car !

Think I might have parked next to you Hugo, but must have gone in the opposite direction.!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2011, 07:16:06 pm »
I wasn't there today Nemesis but  I normally park by the Anwyl Flats and walk towards the boating lake and then back again.   On a good day it'll be nice if Frizzy and Marco get to meet each other, I'm sure they'll get on fine.

Yorkie

« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2011, 08:07:40 am »
Keep it clean please!  Children can read this.     L0L

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2011, 11:12:36 am »
I wasn't there today Nemesis but  I normally park by the Anwyl Flats and walk towards the boating lake and then back again.   On a good day it'll be nice if Frizzy and Marco get to meet each other, I'm sure they'll get on fine.

Must be someone else with the same type of car.

Despite comments otherwise I'm sure Frizzy and Marco would be fine ! Daren't let him off the lead as yet, as he is 10 times faster than me !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2011, 01:27:56 pm »
Marco's old enough now to be let off the lead there but I still need to keep an eye on him as he's still a bit stupid!
He met a pair of Bichons on the West Shore recently and played well with them.
It was high tide and Charlie the Bichon ran straight for the sea quickly  followed by Marco but Charlie was clever enough to stop at the water's edge whereas Marco just ran past into the deep water. So I had one soggy dog on the back seat when I drove home.   
Wouldn't change him for the world though.   :)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*

Yorkie

« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2011, 04:28:20 pm »
I am reminded of the old lady who had a pair of minature poodles, one male and one female.  The male unfortunately died and fretting about the loss the female passed on the following day.  The lady was distraught about her loss but realised that she was too old to replace them so decided to have them preserved as a permanent reminder of the happy time she had with them.  She went to the local taxidermist who quoted her a price and asked, "Would you like them mounted!"    "Oh! No!", she said " . . just shaking hands".    _))*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2011, 05:21:02 pm »
As it was windy today but still  quite warm and sunny so I had a walk on the grass on the West Shore   :roll:  and before long I had a blast of sand down the old ear hole so for the rest of the walk my jacket hood was up.
The boating lake is still empty so I suppose that the CCBC are preparing to clear the sand in readiness for the Easter Bank Holiday. It's not far off so they need to get a move on.