Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 360005 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 09:06:20 am »
Must be desperation to put in 50p or £1 :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:08 am »
 :) Do we know what the Friends of the West Shore have achieved or has planned,The play area is very looks empty and needs a lot of new play items,unfortunatlry if you copy Craig y Don you have too deliver and i hope they can but im not sure were they are up too.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 08:16:06 am »
It took the Friends of Craig Y Don Park a few years just to get the funding in place for the childrens play area.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 09:05:28 pm »
Over the years I have often wondered what happens to this surprise surplus?  Does the machine total up the number of users and the cash must equal 20p per user.  If so---please put my name down to be the cash handler ;D

Offline margo

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »
I went for a walk on the west shore on sunday morning only to see a few men with wheelbarrows and shovels working on clearing up some of the weeds and rubbish on the beach side of the wall, there were two vans there and at first glance i thought it must be locals fed up with waiting for the council to do something but as i got closer it had a sign saying "community payback"! It was the first time i have actually seen this, we hear of offenders getting community service but never seem to see any evidence of it. Well done to whoever thought of putting them on our beach, it really does need some TLC !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Margo.  :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 10:57:33 pm »
Re: the new toilets

I was on the West Shore this afternoon and thought I would make use of this facility. I was intrigued by the notice beside the doors saying that the "minimum charge" is 20p. I can't imagine that anyone would really want to put in more than the "minimum charge". Does the CCBC think that we would put in more for a No 2 than a No 1 for instance!

I can't believe how much itcosts to spend a penny L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »
I went to the West shore yesterday and took a few pics of just how bad its got there :(

this new clock tower impressed me L0L

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 12:03:34 am »
At least CCBC are trying to do something.  ???
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 03:21:14 pm »
 :o Walking past the gorgian house [in above picture] last night i realised that their view over towards Angelsey has dissapeared due too the build up of sand behind the Alice statue,i hope the owners have been in touch with Boyle andLyons. _))*
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:22:02 pm by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 04:23:25 pm »
Rex:  just a small point, but when you place a smiley at the start of your posting you need to leave a space immediately after it, otherwise it won't display properly.  I've just edited two of your posts to make that happen, so you can see what I mean. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 04:32:51 pm »
 :-*  Cheers.   _))*

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 10:21:03 pm »
Place still looks a mess.
When the consultants proposed that 2 Breakwaters be built at each end of the boating lake was it their intention to create sandhills to eventually block everyones view over the sea. If so they kept it from members of the public.
The problem is caused by the Breakwaters extending out from the sea well.
Prior to these being built the there was no problem.All the way along there was 8/10steps down on to the beach.
I keep coming back to this, but which consultants sold the council the idea and who on the council were persuded the breakwaters were a good idea ?
They have a lot to answer for !
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Somwhere I have loved all my life has been wrecked.
Take it there is no chance of it being put right in the current financial climate.
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 08:24:26 pm »
We went to sail our boat today and a little work has been done since last week to the paving and some sand removed :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:26 pm »
Looks a lot better.  &well&