Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359645 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #1140 on: May 22, 2020, 12:41:18 pm »
Glad I live on the North shore Steve, nice and tucked in around the corner of the Bay, it is a lot more windy around the back though $walesflag$
Lucky you..... apart from a bit of sand, the occasionally windy day, and a few cute goats, I love living here.   ;)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1141 on: May 22, 2020, 06:48:09 pm »
A bit of sand Steve     :o

I drove past this afternoon and noticed that a sand dune was forming on that "grass" island by the Abbey Road junction.     I didn't stop or get out of the car and just drove on so that the paint work wasn't sandblasted on my car

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2020, 09:19:14 pm »
Anti-glare coating on the windows !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1143 on: May 22, 2020, 10:08:18 pm »
Hugo a few weeks ago our council did a major clean up along the road ( in front of the councilors mums house ) along the walkway along the pond oh they half cleaned the pond out 😡 Few days later it was a bit windy and now yesterday/ today the gales sand back, when will these idiots learn or listen to local people.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1144 on: May 23, 2020, 09:07:12 am »
now Norman....where else would they clean? ?{}?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1145 on: May 23, 2020, 09:17:37 am »
Where else could they clean 🤔 They could have cleaned the pond properly , as the pond was filling up you could see loads of contaminated sand still in there, with no tourists that job could have waited, as I say until our council get real they will just keep throwing Our money away.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1146 on: May 23, 2020, 12:17:18 pm »
Norman,   we all make mistakes in our lives but most people are big enough to admit it.    Likewise hindsight is the ability to understand an event or situation only after it has happened:

However   local people told the Council what would happen well before they even started on the building of that sea defence and it was splashed out on the pages of the NWWN  so the Councillors were advised well in advance what would happen if they went ahead with their ill fated plans.

So what did the Councillors do?   They passed the plans for the sea defence, pocketed their expenses and left the West Shore exposed.
It's one of their biggest or many mistakes they have made and they should all be ashamed of what problems they have caused for now and the future

I took my camera with me today and took some photos but they were taken from inside the car looking through the windscreen as there was no way I would get out of the car today.

What will be the CCBC answer now?    Could it be "we'll give Jennings a phone call"   and so it goes on       &shake&

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1147 on: May 23, 2020, 12:37:06 pm »
The problem is Hugo these councilors are not local, you would think these winds/ gales are a new thing, we have been going on the westshore for 68+ years and we had winds in them days so why is it now since they messed about the sand is blowing over like this 🤔😡. I would love to know the cost each year that they have wasted.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1148 on: May 23, 2020, 04:00:00 pm »
This is like it was when we were young lads Norman and it would still have been like that but for the intervention of the Council in 1993.

Look at my  previous photo and I defy anyone to say that human interference and mistakes haven't caused the problems we are seeing today

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1149 on: June 03, 2020, 10:20:48 am »
Members of FOWS have been busy, clearing sand from the steps, to save the ramp effect, causing more sand to blow over the wall. and a appropriate cartoon.  and a DP piece ..........North Wales beauty spots left in shameful state by 'lazy lockdown litter louts'
A trail of rubbish was left behind on beaches, parks and footpaths............ cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-beauty-spots-left-18351460

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1150 on: June 03, 2020, 01:03:16 pm »
Firstly,well done again to the FOWS who take the time and energy to look after that area.

Secondly, the cartoon and photos show just how selfish and uncaring some of the people can be and at times like that I bet a lot of people will think about the likes of Kingdom Security and wish they were still here to deal with these thoughtless dregs of society

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1151 on: June 03, 2020, 02:13:26 pm »
Yep; there were a few negative issues with KS, but overall they did an effective job.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1152 on: June 03, 2020, 05:06:44 pm »
Not a few negative comments Ian, as for the rubbish on the westshore kingdom wouldn't have got anyone as no elderly visitors go on the westshore their patch was round town and sitting on the benches amongst the old visitors, let's see how the councils new in house guys do, remember when we had bye law inspectors in town they did the job properly , with kingdom the councilors were happy with their bullying tactics.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1153 on: June 04, 2020, 10:15:29 am »
I know that Kingdom Securities had a lot of negative comments Norman but they did enforce the bylaws and at no cost to CCBC  apart from the negative comments made about the company  which may or may not have had an impact on tourism
It doesn't matter whether the person was old or not, if they deliberately dropped litter and that includes cigarette stubs then they were breaking the law and something should have been done about it
Ideally we could do with some by-law inspectors again to educate or if necessary fine the culprits but again you will always get a difference of opinion on their methods

Some years ago in the NWWN there was an article about the three traffic wardens  that operated in the Conwy County.   The article gave the number of penalty notices handed out by each warden and the figures were roughly  one had under 100 notices the other had between 100 and 200 notices while the third had just under 2000
The article criticised the warden who issued nearly 2000 tickets and I could never understand why.     He was only doing his job and the vehicles must have been parked illegally anyway and I thought that the article was unfair and instead the CCBC should have been looking at the efforts of the other two wardens.     

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1154 on: June 11, 2020, 12:29:20 pm »
Apparently this dog being timid is difficult to approach.