Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 142841 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hugo

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #945 on: March 12, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
Did the book have a photo of the Pill box on the West Shore Dave?

Hugo

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #946 on: March 12, 2019, 05:04:30 PM »
I was there again today and a couple of machines were fighting a losing battle with the wind.  I hope that the workers are not leaving it above the high tide mark but I suppose it doesn't matter anyway as it'll all be going back over the wall tonight or tomorrow

norman08

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #947 on: March 12, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »
Hugo you are joking them pics aren't from today, surely our council aren't that stupid, um I'll take that back is this another case of having to use this years budget before the end of month, this gale force winds are till the w/ end today's works will be tomorrow's work 😡

Ian

  • Administrator
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #948 on: March 12, 2019, 06:07:32 PM »
They're  not actually shifting sand, are they? Do they not have access to a weather forecast?
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Hugo

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #949 on: March 19, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »
I was looking at the first two photos again, one taken in 1988 and the other yesterday and the only thing that hasn't changed are the benches in the background.   It's a wonder they have lasted so long after being sand blasted day in and day out

The sand dune that is on the steps is now higher than the sea defence wall and I wonder if visitors to the town realise that there are over 10 large steps below that dune

There were 3 machines working on the sand clearance yesterday and while I was there not much work was going on so the sand is likely to be there for a while

Meleri

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #950 on: May 07, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »
As quite a few of our Forum members are interested in anything regarding North & West Shore Llandudno I thought I would let you know about the recent discussions at CCBC regarding this. At the Economy & Place Overview & Scrutiny Committee meeting on the 2nd May they discussed Proposed LLandudno Coastal Defence Improvements & a Short List Options Report, this meeting can be watched on the CCBC Webcast site. They have made suggestions to raise the sea wall defence on North Shore, install groynes & a number of other things were put forward. Welsh Government funding would pay 100% for detailed designs & 75% for Proposed Construction, CCBC would have to find the other 25% from whatever source they could. One Councillor suggested asking Mostyn Estates for a contribution ???. Hats off to Cllr Greg Robbins & a number of other Councillors who were insistent that the people of Llandudno should be part of this discussion at all stages, to which I totally agree.

norman08

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #951 on: May 07, 2019, 07:52:46 PM »
I watched that meeting, the only one to come out with some credit was clr Bradfield saying how he used to holiday here then moved here and what a mess our council have done, this council must be paying that Irish guy a good wedge what a lap dog, I laughed ever time he said the cobbles, no mate that is quarry Rock 😡  How many of these councilors spoke out at the time, that's right None all let quite. Now that our once lovely very sandy beach is ruined they let you think they will put it right, see the flying pigs 😡



Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #952 on: May 08, 2019, 01:19:58 PM »
I think he is Scottish

norman08

  • Ad Free Member
  • *
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #953 on: May 08, 2019, 06:22:26 PM »
Yes I know he's from Scotland 🤔

SteveH

  • Newshound
  • *****
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #954 on: July 04, 2019, 09:23:23 AM »
A FAMILIAR face on Llandudno’s West Shore beach, will be hanging up his reins after giving holidaymakers rides for donkey’s years.

Philip Talbot, aged 80, is putting his string of six donkeys, named Sean, Snowy, Charlie, Heidi, Lucy and Nick, into retirement and giving up work himself after more than 60 years on the beach.    Cont.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

  • Newshound
  • *****
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #955 on: July 04, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
There has been a lot of activity recently, in the area, grass cutting, painting and tiding etc, even a team from Mostyn estates trimming verges and clearing sand, I have just found out through the Friends of West Shore FB page,  "Its Your Neighbourhood" judging later this week.....

"Last tidying and litter pick done yesterday prior to the "Its Your Neighbourhood" judging later this week, great work by some of our volunteer superstars."  ref FOWS