Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 133507 times)

SteveH

• Newshound
Re: West Shore Issues ......Film Crews at west Shore
« Reply #900 on: September 16, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »
mull
Ad Free Member

Film Crews at west Shore
« on: Today at 08:34:05 PM »
Notice a lot of film crew vehicles at West Shore tonight.

Anyone know what is going on ?

Sorry Mull, not much at the moment but it looks a similar set up to the Eddie Izzard film (see previous page) 
 One of the trucks is from PKE  film and TV lighting Co..... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   

There has been mention of Game of Thrones filming in NW around Penrhyn Castle ?  will check tomorrow.

SteveH

• Newshound
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #901 on: September 21, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
Some photos of Westshore , the first one is mind blowing .....images Simon Steed FB

click on photo to enlarge ?

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #902 on: September 21, 2018, 01:59:57 PM »
Thanks for posting those photos Steve and the first one is truly mind blowing and the photographer has captured the scene just as it is.

Those idiots at CCBC that agreed to the environmentally disastrous sea defence in the 1990's should be made to go to see the results of their mistakes

spotty dog

• Member.
« Reply #903 on: September 21, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
Are they filming Laurence of Arabia on the West Shore 😂😂

mull

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #904 on: September 21, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »
Think you are going to have a rough winter !

I see Hollins had a tree down ,hope you have all been safe there. Not unusual to get storms at this time of the year, remains of hurricanes coming across the Atlantic but I think this year has been exceptional. It is only 21 September but it seems like autumn has been with us for a few weeks now.
After the exceptional heat in May,June and July the weather went downhill very fast here on Mull. We returned from holiday in Cornwall on the 30 July and since then we have not sat out on our sun loungers once. Usually manage 2 or 3 days each week but this year it seems to have been day after day of wind and rain.

Stay safe everyone.

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: September 22, 2018, 09:06:20 AM »
It's been an interesting year, weather-wise.  Over the course of 12 months the weather tends to level out, and we had an unusually long period during the summer with no rain and no wind.  The early part of the year was quite a bit colder than usual, too, so the heatwave was predictable.  But I believe we can expect a higher than usual rainfall this Autumn combined with stronger than average winds overall.
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Meleri

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #906 on: September 24, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
An application has gone in for an extension & improvements to the Westshore Beach Cafe. If anyone is interested in having a look at the plans & photomontage it's application 0/45564 on the Planning Portal. As I'm a frequent user of this cafe I welcome the improvement & they look pretty good to me, as at times it can be quite a squash in this very small but popular cafe  :)

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2018, 04:42:02 PM »
A bit more on the Westshore beach cafe revamp, originally mentioned on the cafe etc. topic, everything seems positive, however not mentioned, is the plan for block bookings, weddings* etc. involving late night openings, the improvements will be a great asset to Westshore, but those living close to the cafe, are understandingly worried and are against these plans*

West Shore Beach Cafe revealed they have submitted an application to Conwy County Borough Council (CCBC) planning committee for a major overhaul of their beach front site.
The new plans would see an extension of the front and side of the cafe with the front itself predominantly glass allowing visitors to fully enjoy the views, new staff and toilet facilities downstairs along with a new, bigger kitchen and takeaway area.

The extensions would see the capacity at the cafe doubled - the new designs will be able to house 85 people inside and 56 outside (currently 42 and 36 respectively).
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login