Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359920 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #825 on: January 31, 2018, 08:34:40 am »
I’m utterly convinced that we have many more very windy day so per year than we ever did.
As a young man I remember maybe one night per year of disturbed sleep as the gales rattled the slates on the roof.
Now, it seems to be twice a week!
Similarly, I’d be interested to see if the cable car owners keep records of this, because for the past 3 years or so, they are hardly ever open.

Fester, as a young man surely all the air raid sirens and bombings kept you awake more?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #826 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:07 am »
I was also on the West Shore this afternoon Hugo  I travelled up GLoddaeth Ave towards West Shore I have  never seen the sand  deposits so far down the Ave .I feel very sorry for the people who live there it appears to be  a problem for all the residents in that Ares .

We are 1/2 way between the 2 shores and have a losing battle to see through the windows, it also blows inside through the extractor fans. Recently we had a ceiling on a loo at the west side of the house fall in. When my OH began to clear up the mess he found 2 sacks of sand all over the floor which had blown into the underdrawing. For a small loo that is a heck of a lot of sand.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #827 on: January 31, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »
I know that I go on a bit about the sand problems on the West Shore but it's only because I was born in Llandudno and know what it was like before the idiots got their heads together and created the 1993 sea defence which has turned out to be a man made environmental disaster.

This is what it looked like before 1993 and it would have looked like that now if only they had listened to local people at the time

Offline Hugo

« Reply #828 on: March 08, 2018, 02:26:01 pm »
After digging my car out of the snow today I drove to Llandudno and then had a flying visit to the West Shore.    I got out of the car but quickly got back in it as it was so cold so I didn't take any photos.
I noticed that more sand has blown into the gardens opposite the boating lake and that there was a great big puddle on the road that has probably been created because the drains are blocked with sand.   Also the grass, if you can call it that, is now above the level of the retaining wall by the road.
However there was a major operation going on with the sand clearance from the lake and surrounding area.    A dumper loaded with sand was ready for putting it back on the beach.    I didn't stay long enough to see where exactly they were putting it, but CCBC aren't stupid enough to put it back above the high water mark, or are they?        &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #829 on: March 08, 2018, 02:52:43 pm »
It appears so !.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #830 on: March 08, 2018, 05:39:04 pm »
C,mon Hugo stop having a laugh 😂😂 we are talking ccbc now   They reckon we won't be having anymore wind 💨   Just  tell me do you know who they give the job to ,  I take it this clean up is the first of many .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #831 on: March 08, 2018, 06:18:19 pm »
It's a regular earner for the company, it looked like Jennings as per usual.    Apart from the grass being higher than the wall by the road I noticed that parts of the "beach"  are now higher than the sea wall.
All it needs now if for them to put the sand above the high tide mark and it'll be higher still.

I remember those houses by the boating lake being des res but who would want a house where you have to hoover the sand from their lounge and the bedrooms?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #832 on: March 08, 2018, 09:17:14 pm »
And all because the goons thought they new what they were doing ,never a problem before they messed with the beach , the Sandhills were fine sand so digging a path through it without boarding it up not rocket sience to know rest would keep falling down ,Jennings aren't daft just moving the sand to the side .

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #833 on: March 09, 2018, 12:26:43 pm »
I think it’s termed “Job creation”.  :D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline mull

« Reply #834 on: March 10, 2018, 05:39:14 pm »
Notice on the webcam 2 diggers and builders huts have arrived on the rough ground close to the café.

Anyone know what it is all about ?
Is the little sculpture in that area ? If so I hope it has not been buried under the sand.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #835 on: March 10, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »
I hope that you are not referring to this expensive masterpiece Mull

Offline mull

« Reply #836 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:04 am »
That's the one.
Has anyone found out yet what it is all about ? Should be nice when it is finished.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #837 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53:38 am »
This may help Mull.      It's written in an arty farty  language so people can understand the thought that has gone into the masterpiece.

I'm sure Arch Motors would give a good price for this bit of scrap metal,  pity the sand doesn't blow over that  ?   instead of into people's properties

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #838 on: March 11, 2018, 11:26:23 am »
Notice on the webcam 2 diggers and builders huts have arrived on the rough ground close to the café.

Anyone know what it is all about ?
Is the little sculpture in that area ? If so I hope it has not been buried under the sand.

Mull, Thanks for the tip about the Westshore web cam, will post the link below for those interested.

http://www.westshorebeachcafe.com/webcam-in-llandudno/

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #839 on: March 11, 2018, 03:44:38 pm »
This may help Mull.      It's written in an arty farty  language so people can understand the thought that has gone into the masterpiece.

I'm sure Arch Motors would give a good price for this bit of scrap metal,  pity the sand doesn't blow over that  ?   instead of into people's properties

What shelters here? Midgets? What a load of rubbish !