Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 360332 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »
Strange how the spec doesn't show any pictures of inside the house, only the outside! No garden to speak of but I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought it with a view to it being turned into a holiday cottage. Can the new buyers start charging tolls  :)
When I went past a week or two back, there was some sort of work going on inside. It's been left in a half converted state for quite a while. Way overpriced, in my opinion.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 07:32:59 pm »
I noticed on Thursday that Anwyl were also carrying out some sort of tidying up work on PenMorfa

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 08:12:37 am »
Way overpriced, in my opinion.

That one has the advantage of mains water, which the lighthouse and R & BT don't. But I doubt they'll get what they're asking,  The lighthouse was originally priced at almost £1m, but went eventually for substantially less.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 08:30:16 am »
I noticed on Thursday that Anwyl were also carrying out some sort of tidying up work on PenMorfa

I have a feeling that they have been using it as a dumping ground for the rubble from behind the Empire. A dumper truck has been going between the two ,full to the west and empty the other way!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:02 pm »
Way overpriced, in my opinion.

That one has the advantage of mains water, which the lighthouse and R & BT don't. But I doubt they'll get what they're asking,  The lighthouse was originally priced at almost £1m, but went eventually for substantially less.

Lousy place for a holiday let,  too much traffic and people going by.... staring in at you.
Outrageously overpriced too,   as if it WERE to be a holiday let, they would have to charge over £2000 per week to cover mortgage and costs... and make any kind of profit ... assuming it was let 75% of the time.

Nah, they are having a laugh...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »
I've been walking my dog on the West Shore a few times this week and have just come back from there today.   The sand problem is as bad as ever with the sandbanks building up in the boating lake and in the White Rabbit pond the sand is now above the water level and is as high as the sides of the pond.
On the shore side of the pond, the cycle track the sand is building up fast and even if the cyclists used the path they would have a problem cycling over it.     In fact there was only one cycle track on the sand itself!
I walked past the cafe for the first time for years and saw the metal thing like a question mark in the sand. I've read about it before but this was the first time that I had seen it and I wasn't impressed by it at all unlike the one on Conwy Quay which I do like and think it is appropriate for that area,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, 10:54:21 am »
I was walking along the cycle track in West Shore with my Old English Sheepdog earlier this week and as I walkied a lady was walking also with her two dogs.    It was high tide but  the dogs enjoyed running after each other.   Charlie the Bichon Frise ran straight to the waters edge but had the sense to stop whereas my hairy hound didn't and went straight on into the deep water. It was his first time ever in the sea.  So when he came out of the water we quickly  moved away before getting soaked as he shook his coat!  Still at least he enjoyed it.
I had spoken to the lady as we were walking and we discussed the problems with the sand. Apparently she lived near the Oval and she has sand blowing into her attic!    It's just not on with this sand problem. The Council created the problem and they should hold their hands up and admit it.
It's affecting people's lives and finances and it is not acceptable just to have a cosmetic exercise by removing sand from the Promenade and putting it back on the beach just for it to happen again.  They should take the drastic measures required to prevent this happening.   

Yorkie

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 11:42:03 am »
Get Bertola on the job - he'll concrete it over!              _))*

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »
I wish I had the problem - you don't know when you're well off. aaa.gif
Micox

Offline Trojan

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:40 pm »
Get Bertola on the job - he'll concrete it over!              _))*

At least Wetherspoons isn't getting sand-blasted.  8)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »
I think we do Mike, it's still a beautiful place to be despite the fact that it doesn't look like it did in our day.  The Councillors have really made a botch up of the last sea defence, but I was walking again today on the West Shore promenade and I really appreciated the beauty of the place.  You could see the snow on the mountains nearby and the coast of Anglesey and the Great Orme.  I'll be walking up the Orme soon and I bet you'd like to be able to do it too,   
The Boating Lake was partly frozen over and one of the Swans tried to walk on it because it thought that I was going to feed it, but the ice was too thin and broke under it's weight.
At the other end of the promenade by the car park I took a photo of the creation that they made a fuss of.   In my opinion this "thing" is a complete waste of time and money.  It just looks awful and look at the surroundings, a sewage buiding which is also starting to look a bit neglected.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »
When this was first built after much speculation among the locals we contacted the council and asked what it was.
Their answer?
A shelter from the wind for cyclists!
I leave you to comment !
Mine were unprintable.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:41 pm »
 :laugh: :o When the plans where put in front of the council they where told it was the height of a bungelow. :weeping:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 03:19:38 pm »
Some bungalow Wrex, a bit drafty and a little bit niffy I should imagine but the views are great.   

Offline Hugo

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 03:28:23 pm »
I had another walk on the West Shore this afternoon and it seemed a bit warmer than yesterday although the pond was more frozen today.
That's probably because there was a westerly wind and it was also possible to see the snow on Anglesey which apparently hah had a heavy snowfall earlier in the day.
I stopped at the White Rabbit pond and it is in a mess but worse still, I noticed that someone had broken an ear off the statue.        :rage: