Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 359982 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #1245 on: March 20, 2021, 02:59:04 pm »
Thanks very much for that info and it makes sense in view of the fact that Anwyl promised to submit an 'improved' scheme as their development team prepares plans
I believe that the plan would be exhibited for public viewing prior to making their formal application to CCBC.

To be fair to Anwyl this lockdown must have delayed their roll out of the new application but I hope that it's nothing like the old lego style apartments that they were trying to promote some years back.
It will be interesting to see how many flats they are going to apply for.   The second application that was granted was for 28 flats but the Lego style was for 50 plus

Hope that you are keeping safe and well in these strange times

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudnos-alice-hotel-site-set-19550628

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #1246 on: March 20, 2021, 05:10:48 pm »
Certainly hope they don't try & over develop the site, but I dare say that will all be ironed out before it gets to the Planning Committee. You can always lodge a letter against anything your not happy about & it will go on the application for the Planning Committee & public to read. Mr M had his second vaccination Friday & hopefully I will be getting mine in the next few weeks, so hopefully if the Covid cases drop we may venture out a bit more.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1247 on: March 20, 2021, 05:29:49 pm »
Glad to hear that Mr M has had his second jab and I hope that you have yours soon but keep safe in the meantime.

I've lost my faith in the Planning Committee after watching one on screen in October.     There were no site visits and the application was passed with certain conditions within a time period that has gone by but those conditions have not been met or followed up by the Council so I'm concerned about Penmorfa now as I'm aware of the tricks these developers play

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1248 on: March 22, 2021, 12:43:56 pm »
Footage of West Shore in Llandudno becoming cut off by the tide shared by RNLI as part of safety warning

THE RNLI is urging people to think carefully about beach safety after the Welsh government’s 'stay at home' guidance was updated with the new 'stay local' advice.

The stay-at-home restrictions were replaced by a new interim stay local rule in Wales on Saturday, March 13.

The warning comes ahead of some of the highest tides of the year from this weekend, March 27 until April 2, which, historically, often see people cut off and requiring the RNLI’s help.

Llandudno's West Shore is described as a 'big risk' area. Footage of West Shore being cut off by the ride has been shared.

Chris Cousens, RNLI Water Safety Lead, said: "RNLI lifeboats around the Welsh coast are ready to respond to emergency situations, but we are urging people to think very carefully about safety and not putting any additional pressure on our service during these challenging times. We have seen an increased number of call outs to people using the coast for our daily exercise and becoming cut off by the tide. It makes up a greater proportion of lifeguard and lifeboat rescues here in Wales than other areas of the UK. We’d urge people to think carefully before setting off on a coastal walk.

"The tide comes in and out twice in each 24 hour period, and while tide times can be accurately predicted, they vary at each location and change each day. A beach or coastal area may appear a safe place for a walk, but incoming tide can quickly leave you stranded. On bigger tides like we will see in the coming days, places will be cut off by the tide quicker than normal and places usually unaffected by the tide may also be cut off."

People are being urged to check the weather and tides using a trusted online source suchmagicseaweed.com or a tidal prediction app before setting off.

Video https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19177701.footage-west-shore-llandudno-becoming-cut-off-tide-shared-rnli-part-safety-warning/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1249 on: March 23, 2021, 11:24:46 am »
Seems the above video was a bit to late for these people...........

Llandudno Coastguard
18 h  ·
On the day RNLI Llandudno Lifeboat release this video showing the dangers of the tides on the West Shore, we were tasked shortly before 13:30 to reports of people cut off on the sandbanks at West Shore.
By the teams arrival, they had been able to wade, waist deep through the deep channel back to shore. This could have had a very different outcome had it not been for an eagle eyed member of the public (Wind surfer) who spotted they were in danger, rang 999 and asked for the Coastguard and went to their assistance.
After ensuring they were safe and well and required no medical attention after being in the water, we were stood down and returned to station.

And I heard a lot of clanging and scraping yesterday, and a photo from FB confirms that they are clearing sand again  >?>??

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1250 on: March 24, 2021, 10:10:06 am »
Tsunami looking photo, over West Shore ref DP

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1251 on: March 30, 2021, 04:29:53 pm »
I thought that I'd have a walk along the new Coastal Path on the West Shore today and went on it by the miniature railway.     It's not quite finished and comes down to meet the previous coastal path just beyond where the Black Rocks used to be.
There's no social distancing when you walk past anyone as the path is only about 4 feet wide so I don't know how Jennings will be able to deal with this path.
It was a beautiful warm day and it was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves on the sandy beach

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1252 on: March 30, 2021, 06:34:05 pm »
That is the finished article Hugo, why couldn't they have made it wider enough room, in less than a week the sand has got much thicker half way along, if you walked along by the pond did you see all the sand building up again, they know how to waste Our money.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1253 on: March 30, 2021, 07:45:25 pm »
It's not April Fool's Day today Norman so I hope that you are joking!        &shake&

I did take some more photos but didn't post them as I thought that it hadn't been finished.    Some lovely views from the top though.

Where will Jennings dump the sand?    Dump it to the west and it'll blow back on to the path, dump it to the east and the North Wales Golf Course will become one great sand trap.   My money is on Jennings going west

Offline mull

« Reply #1254 on: March 31, 2021, 11:07:41 am »
Is it a cycle track ?

Do you need a special bike to get through the sand ?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1255 on: March 31, 2021, 04:00:35 pm »
No Mull the idiots have given up there, they have moved the cycle track onto the main road.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1256 on: April 10, 2021, 05:01:33 pm »
West Shore Webcam  10/4/21 1701

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1257 on: April 14, 2021, 04:01:20 pm »
West Shore Webcam  16.00   14 4 21    click to enlarge

Offline mull

« Reply #1258 on: April 18, 2021, 11:11:15 am »
Looking on the webcam this morning there is something on the sandbank.

Have they placed a raft there for idiots that get cut off by the tide ?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1259 on: April 18, 2021, 02:08:35 pm »
They have moved the pontoon over, the channels have changed a lot lately only a few weeks ago people got caught out and a lad had to guide them in, a new channel quite close in think that's why it's been moved, I walk invalids walk every day and notice how it's changed.