Author Topic: West Shore Issues  (Read 368264 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: West Shore Issues
« Reply #1005 on: February 06, 2020, 05:25:20 pm »
It's still a beautiful spot Steve but don't go there on Saturday     *tumble*

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1006 on: February 08, 2020, 02:41:26 pm »
THE LULL BEFORE THE STORM

This is what the West shore looks like at noon today but what will it look like after next week?

Will CCBC start a clean up operation before or after the Winter Storms have finished?           &shake&

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #1007 on: February 08, 2020, 03:10:36 pm »
That depends on Jennings Plant .😃 CCBC where offered by the dredging company at Penrhyn dock to dredge the channel for free in exchange for the sand ,you guessed it they wanted to charge for it

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1008 on: February 08, 2020, 03:30:03 pm »
It is not that long since the sand was cleared,  but it very quickly returned, a couple of weeks ago I had gave up trying to walk down there, and today the back roads, Gt. Ormes Rd. Abbey Lane and quite some distance up Abbey Rd are worse than ever, I don't think I have seen it this bad.

H. Looking again at your photos, the first one is showing the ramp (Disabled access) covered in sand, enough to stop a mobility scooter as I witnessed last year, disgraceful.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1009 on: February 08, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
Hugo we are daft enough to walk down there every day yes even in the gale force winds ( the dogs the boss 😂) the sand blows over in between them two groynes and God when you stand by the toll house and watch it, but Still the idiots in charge won't admit their errors how many millions has it cost Us over the years from the start of this so called sea defence to clearing the sand how many times a year 😡 Cllr Savilles mother couldn't understand how I thought it was daft clearing the sand in gale force winds as soon as they cleared it it was back again and she tried to justify it.   I had to chuckle last week volounteers were litter picking in the gales sorry but what was the point.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1010 on: February 08, 2020, 05:58:48 pm »
Hugo we are daft enough to walk down there every day yes even in the gale force winds ( the dogs the boss 😂) the sand blows over in between them two groynes and God when you stand by the toll house and watch it, but Still the idiots in charge won't admit their errors

Norman, I must admit that you are nuts, but if you must go there every day then I hope that you are wearing protective glasses and a hoodie.
Sometimes when I go there I don't even get out of the car and move away after a few minutes in case the car gets sandblasted but today the wind hadn't started to pick up so I ventured out and took some photos
For any doubting Thomas' or those people not old enough to remember, this is what it was meant to look like

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1011 on: February 09, 2020, 09:11:26 am »
Hugo we are daft enough to walk down there every day yes even in the gale force winds ( the dogs the boss 😂) the sand blows over in between them two groynes and God when you stand by the toll house and watch it, but Still the idiots in charge won't admit their errors how many millions has it cost Us over the years from the start of this so called sea defence to clearing the sand how many times a year 😡 Cllr Savilles mother couldn't understand how I thought it was daft clearing the sand in gale force winds as soon as they cleared it it was back again and she tried to justify it.   I had to chuckle last week volounteers were litter picking in the gales sorry but what was the point.

It must be the air in that area, someone you mentioned has some very odd ideas ! $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1012 on: February 09, 2020, 10:27:35 am »
I had a quick look on the West Shore cafe Web cam, very poor picture quality as expected, what I did not expect was the number of cars, who were turning up having a look and disappearing sharpish.

I was going to suggest everyone check out the site, but at the moment it has crashed due to the number of viewers.

PS lens clearer now, cars still turning up ?

http://www.westshorebeachcafe.com/webcam-in-llandudno/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1013 on: February 09, 2020, 10:53:58 am »
Steve, is you walked to the cafe I'm sure that you would get a clearer picture and you could take one of the boating lake while you are there.        ;D

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1014 on: February 09, 2020, 11:02:58 am »
Steve, is you walked to the cafe I'm sure that you would get a clearer picture and you could take one of the boating lake while you are there.        ;D

I'll do that as soon as I have finished your football related quiz, which, bearing in mind, my knowledge of the sport, should be about  2030 ;)   and I don't mean half past eight.

Must be getting better, getting out of the cars now (3 people on the right) to get closer for better photos.....
Car park or new boating lake ?

Sorry folks new photo, the waves are now crashing onto the cafe car park

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1015 on: February 10, 2020, 01:08:42 pm »
The above photo showing the cafe car park flooding, and todays photos show how far it got, flooding the basement and nearly the mini railway, behind the cafe.                        ref Pioneer

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1016 on: February 10, 2020, 01:19:22 pm »
I've never seen it that bad before but the West Shore has taken a severe battering this time.    Just noticed from the West Shore web cam that there is a kite surfer out in the sea. hope that they don't need the services of the RNLI like the one in Hastings

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1017 on: February 10, 2020, 02:01:22 pm »
Couple of years ago it flooded there, Ccbc put some stones below there, are they all idiots in charge if they had carried the wall along there job done 🤔😡

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1018 on: February 10, 2020, 03:03:42 pm »
For those of us old enough to remember, before the cafe, houses and car park were built, that area was made up of small sand hills and scrub land and the shingle bank that was there prevented the sea from encroaching on to the sand hills.
Exceptional storms did cause water to go over the shingle but that only left small pools on the land side, nothing on the scale of the photo Steve posted today

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1019 on: February 10, 2020, 03:36:59 pm »
Couple of years ago it flooded there, Ccbc put some stones below there, are they all idiots in charge if they had carried the wall along there job done 🤔😡

I thought I had seen photos before, this is from 6 years ago, flooded basement and surrounding area..... video https://www.facebook.com/WestShoreBeachCafeLlandudno/videos/559351327473313/