Author Topic: Llandulas shipping  (Read 3184 times)

Offline temperancellandudno

• Management board member
Llandulas shipping
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:04:53 pm »
Hello everyone

I've been to and from Llandudno and Rhos a fair amount this year, but can't recall seeing any ships in at Raynes Jetty at Llandulas. Is it possible that these have ceased to call for the time being? Or have I just been unlucky when I have been passing?

Hope someone more local than me has some more information. i would be most grateful for any help.

Regards
T   

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandulas shipping
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:37:58 pm »
There was a boat moored in the bay recently as I passed on the way to Rhyl, and tied up at the jetty when I returned later
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 06:00:42 pm »
We have seen a few but we commented recently that there did not seem as many there as there used to be. On the other hand we have not traveled the A55 as much in recent times.
There used to be details in the Community News section of the NWWN.

Offline wally

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 07:49:45 pm »
There was one in this afternoon.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 10:37:56 am »
I've seen the odd one there when on the A55.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 03:29:09 pm »
When I'm on my computer I'm looking out to sea and can see the quarry boats coming and going and just about 30 minutes ago one left the jetty and sailed  past the Bay.
There is an app where you can see information about the boat such as where it is going etc and I think that someone posted it on the forum some time ago.    I couldn't see the name on the boat as it was just too far away

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:43:53 pm »
Hugo try A IS and put in Liverpool Bay you should get a chart if you click on boat icons you can view name size and destinations

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:38 pm »
Or google Marinetraffic.com

For information of planes try Flightradar24
It will show planes in flight and you can also get details of airport arrivals and departures by clicking on the airport of your choice.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 10:53:08 pm »
Thanks very much Spotty Dog and Bellringer for the information, I'm sure that it will be handy for lots of forum members.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 08:23:32 am »
For the AIS link click here.  AIS is also Marine Traffic. I'll also add it to the useful links page. Flight Radar used to be good, but then it stopped recognising military transponders, which is a shame living where we do.  You can find it here.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 08:48:12 am »
Haven't checked today but MarineTraffic had a vessel fishing on heathland not that far from me last night!

I guess there's no sort of "logic checking" on the AIS position system?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 09:21:59 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 01:31:16 pm »
Ais automatic identification system  is in the main vhf based system it's range is line of site ,there is a satellite based system but you pay for this. Depending on Hight of transmitting aerial  and base station you can expect 40_50 mile range as regards squiggles result perhaps someone had brought the set home to test ,I can see no other reason for this.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 01:31:53 pm »
I have an app called ‘Ship finder’ and also one ‘Plane finder’ they both give details on names , destinations and cargoes etc. From App Store
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 04:40:12 pm »
Ais automatic identification system  is in the main vhf based system it's range is line of site ,there is a satellite based system but you pay for this. Depending on Hight of transmitting aerial  and base station you can expect 40_50 mile range as regards squiggles result perhaps someone had brought the set home to test ,I can see no other reason for this.
The ship is still showing there but the last signal was 19hr 44min ago so I guess some one off signal?