Author Topic: Robert Roberts born 1893 Llandudno  (Read 39710 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: Robert Roberts born 1893 Llandudno
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2019, 02:26:09 am »
Happy and Merry Christmas and a save New Year Hugo
 I have not joined Ancestry yet, but you can have a look at what people are looking for  but not in detail. I never found any one looking a Robert William Roberts with that date and place, also look at Robert's fathers brothers and sisters same story. Well into the New Year will give it a go again
 All the best to every one that's tried to help Jeff

Offline Jeff

« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2021, 03:24:56 am »
Hi Hugh yes still looking to find Robert William Roberts born 26 oct 1892 Llandudno, this may be grasping at straws but if we have the   correct RW Roberts on the 1911 census he is working for Evan H Evans at the Registration District:   Llanrwst just so happens in the same house is Catherine Evans aged 24. In Llanrwst there is a marriage in April  1922 of a Robert W Roberts and a Catherine Evans you can see where I am heading. There is no clue online that gives either parents of the marriage, so apart from sending away for the cert; I am hoping some one has a Catherine Evans in there tree
  Cheers All the best
       Jeff

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2021, 04:48:52 pm »
Hi Jeff,   you've done an extensive search for Robert William Roberts and I was hoping that you would have found the answer by now.
I still think that someone in the Roberts family who live on the Great Orme may have the answer you are looking for but haven''t seen your posting on the forum.
From memory I think that you found a near match but the birth date was the 25th Oct and not the 26th but bad handwriting could have meant that whoever copied the birth date could have mistaken the 26 for a 25 but that's only food for thought

I have had a look at some death records and those after 1969 show the date of birth but there is no entry for him from 1969 t0 1993
I did see an entry for a Robert W Roberts in the March 1963 quarter at the Aled Registration District and his age of 70 matches the age your Robert would have been but unfortunately the date of birth is not recorded on what I viewed

Your latest find of the marriage to Catherine Evans in 1922 may be the one but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and apply for a certificate and save yourself endless hours of searching.   Obviously it's costly if you get the wrong one but it's quicker than waiting for a response to the Evans family tree search.
Have you tried one of those DNA searches with Ancestry or My Heritage?     You'd be surprised by the results you get and they are featuring DNA family searches on TV this year

Anyway good luck with your search and stay safe and well in these strange times