Author Topic: Armed Forces Day  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Armed Forces Day
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 01:47:35 pm »
Do we know who's performing in the concert, Steve? If it's the band of the Royal Marines, that'll be extremely good.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 02:51:24 pm »
Sorry Ian , the only info I have at the moment is from the DP article I posted this morning, if anything new turns up I will post it ASAP.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 03:51:48 pm »
Thanks.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 12:15:02 pm »
Do we know who's performing in the concert, Steve? If it's the band of the Royal Marines, that'll be extremely good.

I would like to know this as well - couldn't be more vague if they tried 'music concert'

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 02:52:11 pm »
Armed Forces Day 2018 celebrations for the big event in Llandudno
There's a whole week of events taking place leading up for the big day... this what they are and where they are taking place.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/armed-forces-day-2018-celebrations-14815713

Part of the articles info........
Music Concert and arrival of the HMS Somerset.

Where: Bandstand, Promenade, Llandudno

When: Friday, June 29 from 4.45pm

The promenade will be alive with the sound of music on Friday night, with a live concert from military bands.

The event will kick off with a barrage of guns in a salute from the Orme, followed by a march from the bands down the prom before taking their places ready for the performance.
Friday night’s music concert coincides perfectly with the arrival of the colossal warship, The Royal Navy Type 23 Frigate HMS Somerset, which will be anchored in the bay for the duration of Armed Forces Day.