Author Topic: CARS & COFFEE ON THE PROM RETURNS TO BRING CLASSIC MOTORS TO RHOS ON SEA  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Gavel

Rhos on Sea promenade will be lined with some of the coolest classic cars on the planet on Sunday April 15, when Cars & Coffee on the Prom returns.

Now in its fourth year, the event draws classic vehicles from across North Wales and the North West for a static display opposite the Cayley embankment, bringing added interest for passers-by taking a Sunday morning stroll.

In previous years, visitors have included everyone’s favourite: a string of beautifully restored Minis to Morgans, Lotus Elans, Porsches, Caterhams, Tigers and Westfields, Morris Minors, Triumphs, a Rover 90, a magnificent Noble, the famous local trio of yellow Mazdas, and even the full-blown rally car driven by local girl Jade Paveley who currently is leading Class 7 and Juniors in the Welsh Tarmac Championship.

The organisers will again be collecting donations for the North Wales Air Ambulance, hoping to beat last year’s total of almost £90.

The event is open to cars of any marque or age. Assembly is from 9.00am and attendance is entirely free of charge. Coffee and other refreshments are available to purchase from the Cayley tea hut.

Future dates are May 20, June 17, July 15, August 19 and the chequered flag on September 16.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Despite the cold and windy weather, I enjoyed looking around the cars that were on the promenade today.   One I liked in particular was the kit car  NG which the owner had built himself and another one that got a lot of attention was the white Lotus Esprite but the last time I sat in one of those I needed help to get out of it!
The really old cars were well looked after but they look so narrow nowadays that it's hard to imagine two people sitting in the front seats
Thanks Gavel for reminding us about the event.        $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Hugo, the NG car in your photo, I really liked that, I thought it would be expensive, so searched out some details, and found it, surprisingly very affordable, models between £6 and £11 thousand, based on an MGB. I am going to look into it further, watch this space. 

Offline Hugo

It's a nice car Steve and a credit to the owner who built it, the engine he put in was a 3500  MG engine and he's had a go on a race track with it.
I'm not sure of the top speed but he's done over 120 mph on the race track.     If I had it though I'd be posing in it going up and down Mostyn Street at  10 mph          ^*^0

Offline Nemesis

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gavel

Thanks to all who attended. We’ll do it again in Sunday, May 20.

Offline Hugo

Steve,  I think that there was one of these NG's at the Prom but there were so many looking at it that I couldn't get a photo of it, hopefully it will return there in May.

I saw a car like this Nova kit car many years ago and it looks the business, the top comes up when the driver gets in or out but what put me off was the engine,   A VW air cooled engine that sounded like a tractor