The Local > Times Past

John Bright Grammar School

<< < (2/21) > >>

Bri Roberts:
Would you believe I was also at JBGS from 1961-67 and I have also never forgotten starting my O levels on the 6-6-66 ?

However, I am pretty sure there were both Gogarth and Gloddaeth as well as Penrhyn which was blue.

I remember being in Mostyn myself and my sister had to declare that fact when she went to JBGS in 1964.

I regret I have never heard of Glaslyn so I guess that must have been introduced later.

Hugo:
I was in Mostyn too but a few years ahead of you Bri.     Were you ever in the Mostyn football team prior to 1964?

Bri Roberts:
I regularly represented the school, Hugo, in chess and cross country but I don’t remember being picked for Mostyn House in anything.

I have never really got over it.

Hugo:
At least you were successful in chess particularly, Llandudno Youth Centre champion if my memory is correct.     I played football for Mostyn  and the Llandudno Youth  Centre also but when I refused to play for JBGS  football team I got the cane off the headmaster  S O Rees

Jelly Baby:
Yes, Hugo, I did 2 A levels, French and German. Sadly they were never much use to me as, being a Grammar school, JBGS left the teaching of secretarial skills to the Secondary Mod ('Central' school); and languages without typing and shorthand (in those days, long before pooters were invented!) were never going to be much use on their own! And coming to Oz later, where the predominant (European) languages are Greek and Italian, well, what can I say!! Might as well have left earlier myself really!

Bri, if you were at JBGS 61-67, and believe Penrhyn was blue, then Glaslyn must have been the blue house in 1960, because I was definitely in Glaslyn and it was definitely blue! It can't possibly be anything else because I have a fabulous memory and would never forget a thing like that.

Now where was I, and who was I talking to....??? Er, ahem!!  ???

You must have been in the same year as my sister then, Bri, to have started your O levels on that same date!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version