The Local > Times Past

John Bright Grammar School

(1/21) > >>

Jelly Baby:
Please someone help us before we fall out forever!  :laugh: My sister and I are arguing about House names in the old John Bright Grammar School (which we both attended). I say that the houses and their colours were:
Glaslyn - Blue
Peris - White    *Maybe that should be Perys?
Llydaw - Yellow
?(Can't remember this name)? - Green
I was in Glaslyn, which means that any siblings coming after me should have been in the same house, but Sis says she was in the green one, whose name she thinks was Gloddaeth.
I'm pretty sure the houses were named after North Walian lakes.
Can someone please put us out of our misery and tell us which house and colour is which?

Bri Roberts:
They had different names when i was there during the early sixties.

Mostyn, Gogarth, Gloddaeth and Penrhyn come to mind.

At a guess, they were red, yellow, green and blue.

Hugo:

--- Quote from: Bri Roberts on February 18, 2018, 09:49:28 am ---They had different names when i was there during the early sixties.

Mostyn, Gogarth, Gloddaeth and Penrhyn come to mind.

At a guess, they were red, yellow, green and blue.

--- End quote ---

It was like that when I was there Bri, perhaps it changed when John Brights became a Comprehensive School?

Jelly Baby:
Aha! Sis says she wasn't sure if it was Gloddaeth or Gogarth, so that's a help! I remember Penrhyn as well (I think - long time ago!) But I was definitely in Glaslyn, which was blue, my favourite colour!
I was at JBGS from1960-67. I remember my Sis started her O-levels on 06-06-66!!! Now that's a date you'd never forget!

Hugo:
That's a long time to be in JBGS   Jelly Baby,  did you stay on for A levels or something?       I was there from 1958 to 1963 and that was enough for me and I just walked out of the place in late 63

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version