Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 207496 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #780 on: December 04, 2015, 10:20:59 am »
Booked Lionel Rich Tea, or whatever his name is.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #781 on: December 08, 2015, 05:38:24 pm »
Level 42 Fester a must

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #782 on: December 18, 2015, 03:57:31 pm »
If you didn’t fancy spending £125 on a ticket for one of Jeff Lynne’s ELO concerts in April/June 2016 in an arena over in England then please note a tribute band called ELO Again is appearing at Venue Cymru Theatre on Saturday, 30 April 2016.

Tickets are £20 each but this morning I managed to take advantage of an Early Bird Special for £15 each at the theatre box office.

BTW, I think this could be the same weekend as the Extravaganza.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #783 on: March 10, 2016, 07:47:07 pm »
The Specials come to Venue Cymru for the very first time!

Monday 31 October 2016

THE SPECIALS head out on their first UK tour in two years in October/November 2016 which sees them play Llandudno for the very first time.

35 years since the band split, they are still going strong with phenomenal live shows since they reformed and toured in 2009.

Tickets - £40 (plus £2 gig fee per ticket & £2.50 recorded delivery)

Available at venuecymru.co.uk / 01492 872000

This is an all standing gig in the arena // Under 16s must attend with an adult

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #784 on: March 11, 2016, 08:57:31 am »
It's appropriate they are playing in Llandudno since "all the clubs have been closed down".  :laugh:

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #785 on: March 11, 2016, 11:56:02 am »
Maybe more appropriate then, DaveR, that their most famous record is Ghost Town.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #786 on: March 11, 2016, 10:54:20 pm »
Maybe more appropriate then, DaveR, that their most famous record is Ghost Town.

Hey,  look at the trouble I got into when I raised this issue last year!   :o
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #787 on: March 21, 2016, 04:36:58 pm »

Hey,  look at the trouble I got into when I raised this issue last year!   :o

If it's such a ghost town why is there never anywhere to park  $angry$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #788 on: August 12, 2016, 11:17:30 am »
Get your skates on - ice rink back in Llandudno.
BACK by popular demand, Venue Cymru’s Summer Ice Rink will be coming to town this month.

The venue’s arena will be transformed into a full sized ice rink, with real ice, to offer ice skating sessions for all ages.
Daily, Venue Cymru will be offering junior sessions for children under 12-years-old from 10.30am to 11.30am.

General sessions will run between 11.30am to 1.30pm and from 2pm to 4pm.

On Friday and Saturday evenings from 6pm the rink will be host to the best party around, the Venue Cymru Ice Disco, with live entertainment and refreshments available for just £10 (up to 3 hours skate time).

All tickets include Skate hire and a limited number of Fun Skate Penguins are available for young children and beginners.

The rink will be at Venue Cymru from August 12 to August 26 (Ice Disco unavailable August 12 and 13, and the rink will be closed on Sundays). Ticket prices are Adults - £8, Children - £6, Ice Disco - £10, Family Tickets (up to four people) - £22 (family ticket not available for Ice Disco).

Sessions can be booked in advance at www.venuecymru.co.uk or by calling the Box Office on 01492 872000. ref Pioneer

Offline SteveH

« Reply #789 on: August 24, 2016, 10:30:49 am »
Following on from the chat on "Everything to do with C.B."  re VC.

This post from NWPO in 2014 shows the major expense Salaries......... £1.7 million     &shake&

« Reply #636 on: August 06, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
In case anyone is interested, these links give the following:

Detailed breakdown of income & expenditure for Venue Cymru & Theatr Colwyn 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bUCYhc420wdXcwX0RadGZ0SGM/edit?usp=sharing

Summary Income and Expenditure for Venue Cymru, Theatr Colwyn and the Great Orme Tram since 2001/02
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dCEan1ohcdNw5JJEckJXT8hudE0z5eAxi8h50aop1Hg/edit?usp=sharing

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #790 on: April 06, 2017, 09:52:14 am »
Wow nothing on here since August last year - is Venue Cymru really that quiet?

Lots of hoo ha on facebook at the moment on the 1.7 million a year it loses

Thoughts?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #791 on: April 06, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »
Wow nothing on here since August last year - is Venue Cymru really that quiet?

Lots of hoo ha on facebook at the moment on the 1.7 million a year it loses

Thoughts?

There's an Elvis impersonator on, but.... not in the Arena.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #792 on: December 02, 2017, 12:24:27 am »
Venue Cymru, Llandudno has been given the green light for a £2.8 million project to improve the north Wales conference and meetings offer.

Work on refreshing Venue Cymru’s offer as a business events venue will begin in May 2018 with a view to work being complete by the end of the year.  Almost £1 million of EU funding has been secured for the development. The project is part of the Welsh Government’s EU funded Tourism Attractor Destination programme, led by Visit Wales.

Venue Cymru hosts in excess of 800 separate conference and events every year.

Conwy County Borough Council, owners of Venue Cymru recognised that the remodeling of key spaces within the complex was critical to ensure that Venue Cymru could evolve with the needs of this important market, and attract further business events to Wales.

A programme of reconfiguration of the current building will allow for better use of the existing space to accommodate the varied programme of shows and events; with the improved quality of the offer attracting more visitors to North Wales and Venue Cymru, helping to extend the visitor season.

Tourism Minister, Dafydd Elis-Thomas, said:
http://gov.wales/newsroom/culture-tourism-sport/2017/171129-investment-for-venue-cymruas-wales-attracts-business-events-at-global-exhibition/?lang=en

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #793 on: December 02, 2017, 05:39:40 am »
Had my first encounter with this venue yesterday when I dropped in to buy tickets for the snooker next March. (still early bird deals available if you are interested)

What a huge and confusing building it is, I assume it is various buildings all joined up or was it built like this? When I explained to them that their website wouldn't let me book tickets they just shrugged but anyway, I am not complaining, world-class snooker walking distance from my house is nothing to sneeze at :)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #794 on: December 02, 2017, 09:48:53 am »
I shall be joining you at the snooker for Monday - Thursday at least.

I managed to only pay £22.50 with a Black Friday deal last month.

As for Venue Cymru, it was built in three stages.

First there was the theatre but me and Mrs R have a difference of opinion on what came next.

I think it was the Arena on the site of the former Arcadia Theatre followed later by the building of the booking office, cafe and restaurant.