Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 207421 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #765 on: September 21, 2015, 09:42:42 am »
the mighty BELLOWHEAD are playing a farewell show!
Who?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #766 on: September 21, 2015, 09:57:18 am »

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #767 on: October 16, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »
November 5th marks a momentous day in Llandudno music history.

Not only is it the very rare occasion someone is on that I want to see  :o

There are TWO people on I want to see  :o :o

One is at Venue cymru arena - The great Frank Turner

The other at the Lily - Chris Helme (former frontman with the Seahorses)

Sadly I can only see one  :'(, and I think it will have to be Mr Turner.

Tom Hingley from the Inspiral Carpets was on at the Lily last month and was brilliant (as were all the young support acts)
After all these years I think me may be getting somewhere  ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #768 on: November 10, 2015, 08:46:17 am »
Booked to see Derren Brown at VC next April, should be very good.  clappinghappy

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »
       We went to the matinee performance this afternoon to see "The Jersey Boys". An excellent show, very well presented, and the vocal harmonies and the live 7-piece backing band were right "on the nail". The radio-controlled props,(which includes a robotic carriage which carries the drummer and his kit around the stage as required), lighting, scenery and set changes were very slick and impressive and the story of the Four Seasons group is told in four parts, one by each band member in turn which leads to a rousing finale which was very well received by a three-quarters full house. One warning, there is some bad language which is in context with a show featuring a New York background, but there is a warning notice on the ticket and it didn't seem to bother anyone.         

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #770 on: November 12, 2015, 08:08:38 pm »
Based on what you said Gwynant, I tried 3 times to book some seats...

It's just a shame that the VC website is such an unreliable piece of garbage.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #771 on: November 13, 2015, 07:24:53 am »
Booked Will Young for next Saturday in the Arena,sorry CCBC i did not realise it was in the Arena,then i think we have the Happy Mondays next month.I really do think the people a gig in the Arena brings in there should be more effort put into filling the Arena more often,i even think that the council run the catering themselves now so its a no brainer to us taxpayers yet whoever is responsible for filling the Arena needs some BIG help.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #772 on: November 13, 2015, 09:51:02 am »
Booked Will Young for next Saturday in the Arena,sorry CCBC i did not realise it was in the Arena,then i think we have the Happy Mondays next month.I really do think the people a gig in the Arena brings in there should be more effort put into filling the Arena more often,i even think that the council run the catering themselves now so its a no brainer to us taxpayers yet whoever is responsible for filling the Arena needs some BIG help.

We are having our Christmas party in the arena - I will let you know how it is. I know it's costing a pretty penny so we will see what it brings.

Frank Turner was brilliant last week as was Nils Lofgren, though it was odd the way the seats were booked for Nils - LOADS of empty spaces on the floor front rows whilst the stalls were generally full, even though on the website it said ALL of the floor seats were sold out. Another balls up I think.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #773 on: November 16, 2015, 11:02:15 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation Gwynant,  we went to see The Jersey Boys tonight,  it was superb.

To be fair, I was already sold on the idea because I always loved Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons music.
I had little choice, because I remember as a kid, my Dad had them blaring out of the record player morning, noon and night, and those songs were all so familiar to me.

A brilliant production tonight, a very decent meal beforehand too, in Y Review Restaurant.
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #774 on: November 17, 2015, 05:22:21 pm »
Well my dreams have been answered,James the best band in the world are playing the Arena next may,xmas come early,so excited.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #775 on: November 18, 2015, 10:15:51 am »
Well my dreams have been answered,James the best band in the world are playing the Arena next may,xmas come early,so excited.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Is it all standing or will you sit down?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #776 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:23 am »
Saw them in liverpool last year and its the only time they did not play sit down.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #777 on: November 18, 2015, 12:40:53 pm »
Saw them in liverpool last year and its the only time they did not play sit down.

How could they not play 'Sit Down'??  .... surely the audience would have lynched them?
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #778 on: November 18, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »

How could they not play 'Sit Down'??  .... surely the audience would have lynched them?

That's like your band Motorhead not playing king of clubs or whatever it is called!!

Definitely a lynching.

reminds me of this sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1YNEtaHbzA

_))*

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #779 on: November 21, 2015, 12:44:27 pm »
Got my James tickets and Paul Heaton ,Fester you have to come and see James,fantastic live,you and your better half it will be fantastic