Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 207508 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »
Oh dear Venue Cymru,  they have been exposed as being the ONLY box office who charge an additional booking fee, even if you turn up in person and pay in cash.

Not only that, but they are unrepentant and will not be changing this ill advised policy.    &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »
I would love to pay that charge Fester,problem is there is still no gigs for me to pay for,get the private sector in.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #542 on: March 18, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »
James Blunt announced for July,so if no other group plays before then it will be 14 months in between gigs what other buisness works like that and why the hell do the hoteliers not complain,lots stay overnight.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #543 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:52 pm »
James Blunt announced for July,so if no other group plays before then it will be 14 months in between gigs what other buisness works like that and why the hell do the hoteliers not complain,lots stay overnight.

Sure yo'd be sleeping in the theatre for James Blunt so no need for overnight stays  ???

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #544 on: March 27, 2014, 05:22:02 pm »
Lets not put too much pressure on Venue Cymru Arena management,its going too be 14 months between gigs,if we put too much pressure it might be 18 after James Blunt before we see another.

Offline Dave

« Reply #545 on: April 02, 2014, 09:24:57 am »
I have posted here, I think the subject could well be changed from Venue Cymru to local theatres. It was the first time in years that I had been to Theatre Colwyn last night and what a little gem it is.
Last night was an excellent night out when we went to listen to Mike McGear McCartney telling tales of his life. A shame that there wasn't a better attendance which was deserved but on the other hand, it was an extremely intimate feeling when he's talking to few people because he draws you in. He had everyone singing along to Lilly the Pink and others !
I think the publicity machine failed him locally, plus the fact that many don't link him to either The Scaffold or his brother, Paul.
He's touring the UK, if you get a another chance to go, he's well worth the very affordable ticket prices which, by usual theatre prices, were very reasonable.
I will certainly be keeping my eye out for more similar shows and any pre event publicity helps because lots of people aren't necessarily familiar with the acts or aware of additional events that are added to the programme as the year progresses..

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Colwyn Bay
« Reply #546 on: April 02, 2014, 03:43:04 pm »
I'm being dragged to the opera on Saturday night. La Traviata in case anyone is interested. (Venue Cymru Theatre).

Ooops, I put that in the Venue Cymru thread and it came up with the Colwyn Bay one. Can someone please swop it over as I can't seem to be able to delete it. Thanks.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #547 on: April 02, 2014, 04:32:38 pm »
With pleasure :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #548 on: April 07, 2014, 04:27:59 pm »
I have posted here, I think the subject could well be changed from Venue Cymru to local theatres. It was the first time in years that I had been to Theatre Colwyn last night and what a little gem it is.
Last night was an excellent night out when we went to listen to Mike McGear McCartney telling tales of his life. A shame that there wasn't a better attendance which was deserved but on the other hand, it was an extremely intimate feeling when he's talking to few people because he draws you in. He had everyone singing along to Lilly the Pink and others !
I think the publicity machine failed him locally, plus the fact that many don't link him to either The Scaffold or his brother, Paul.
He's touring the UK, if you get a another chance to go, he's well worth the very affordable ticket prices which, by usual theatre prices, were very reasonable.
I will certainly be keeping my eye out for more similar shows and any pre event publicity helps because lots of people aren't necessarily familiar with the acts or aware of additional events that are added to the programme as the year progresses..

Colwyn Bay, Rhyl and even Buckley all have some great gigs from time to time. I'm amazed Venue Cymru is so shoddy  &shake& Colwyn Bay also had a darts event last week featuring top players and the place was packed out.

Offline systema

« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2014, 08:00:04 pm »
We went to the Tourist Office last week to book this - as we did not want to pay the booking charge

https://www.venuecymru.co.uk/whats-on/Solid-Silver-60-s-2014.html

and quite honestly we had a great choice of seats - beginning to wonder if we will be singing along on our own.  :laugh:

Also booked the Motown Night at Langtry's Bar at Grand Hotel - £5 on 26th April

Our kind of music and trying to help local venues.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2014, 12:37:59 am »

Colwyn Bay, Rhyl and even Buckley all have some great gigs from time to time. I'm amazed Venue Cymru is so shoddy  &shake& Colwyn Bay also had a darts event last week featuring top players and the place was packed out.

It was indeed B2R, and here is a bald Yorkshireman and his Mrs, meeting the World Darts Champion, Michael Van Gerwin.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #551 on: April 10, 2014, 10:43:47 am »
I can't tell which is which in that photo  :o

The place continues to baffle me. Just had a text from ORANGE fun finder.
Saying they are doing a pre sale for Al Murray (Another Fester lookalike  :laugh:)
And I have to order from them before they go on 'general sale' April 11th
Sure enough looked on the VC website and the show is not even advertised there.

Got two tickets for the 5th row coming to a total of £57 (6 pound extortion fee)

Not sure if I'm pleased about this or not - I assume Orange are taking some kind of commision for selling their tickets.

I will have a check on the website on Friday (which is pretty good these days where you can choose your own seats)
and if I find they have better seats available than I got I'll be very annoyed !

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #552 on: April 10, 2014, 04:59:32 pm »
This morning, I received in the post a Premier Card Newsletter advertising 'Al Murray - One Man, One Guvner' for 7.30pm on 20 September 2014.

Tickets are only £25.50 each anywhere in the theatre.

Tickets go on sale to the General Public at 10am tomorrow.

As a Premier Card Holder, I do not pay the £3 administation fee.

In fact, as a Premier Card Holder, I am usually entitled to a 10% discount so I would expect to pay only £45.90 for a pair of tickets at the Box Office.

If you are in the fifth row for a stand-up comedian then I would consider a pair of seats between E12 - E26 to be good seats.

Please let us know which seat numbers Orange allocate you in due course?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »
We will be going, he was excellent last year!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2014, 10:28:29 am »
We went to the Tourist Office last week to book this - as we did not want to pay the booking charge

https://www.venuecymru.co.uk/whats-on/Solid-Silver-60-s-2014.html

and quite honestly we had a great choice of seats - beginning to wonder if we will be singing along on our own.  :laugh:

Also booked the Motown Night at Langtry's Bar at Grand Hotel - £5 on 26th April

Our kind of music and trying to help local venues.

Do I take it from this that the booking fee is still not charged at the tourist office?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.