Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 215827 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #420 on: September 20, 2013, 12:39:57 pm »
And that includes you personally booking  at the desk in CASH.

Saves them having to announce a general price increase!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #421 on: September 20, 2013, 01:55:07 pm »
And that includes you personally booking  at the desk in CASH.

Does that include tickets for other places bought from there? As my friend just got tickets for the much better Theatr Colwyn and didn't mention a booking fee

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #422 on: September 20, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »
Facebooked Arena complaining and have a number to ring for a chat with Sara Ecob i think,so let me know what i should really be asking her.

Just mention all the things you have brought up on the Forum, which she has probably read anyway.   ;D

Please ask her why much smaller venues like Wrexham and Buckley get much better bands and MUCH more often!

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2013, 11:20:39 am »
If you book by 'phone or computer you pay a fee BUT booking in person you should not.  It's a con and COMPLAIN!  As you say it's a price rise in an underhand manner.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #424 on: September 21, 2013, 11:35:51 am »
We went along last night and enjoyed the latest touring production of Willy Russell's Blood Brothers.

In the programme, I was surprised to see how many staff are employed on a day-to-day basis by Venue Cymru.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #425 on: September 21, 2013, 01:02:19 pm »
If you book by 'phone or computer you pay a fee BUT booking in person you should not.  It's a con and COMPLAIN!  As you say it's a price rise in an underhand manner.

The last time I booked I did so through the Tourist information Office and they don't charge at all, no matter how you pay.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline nwpo

« Reply #426 on: September 23, 2013, 02:20:18 pm »
£3.00 per booking.  Blimey - that's up 50p in just 3 months (it was £2.50 when they started this extra admin fee in June).  Personally, and having seen similar problems in other theatres in Essex, the theatres should be immediately privatised - let out on a Full Insuring and Repairing lease so the Council can start saving money immediately.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #427 on: September 23, 2013, 03:42:37 pm »
Jason Manford has recently announced he'll no longer be performing in any theatres owned by the Ambassador Theatre Group after finding out that the Oxford New Theatre were charging a booking fee of £9  :o.  That makes £3 look quite cheap in comparison, although I do agree that it's ridiculous that you should have to pay for the privilege of buying something off a retailer.  Tesco don't charge you £3 everytime you want to buy a loaf of bread so why should a theatre charge you to buy tickets off them?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/10680726.Theatre_booking_charges_no_joke__says_comic/
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #428 on: September 23, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »
Why not start charging the Council a "Settlement Fee" every time you pay a monthly installment on your Council Tax?  £3  a time should be about right!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:47 pm »
That would be the same thing in principle wouldn't it?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:59 am »
I was interested in this, from the agents:

"“All, or the vast majority, of the sales income from the ticket goes to the producer, hence the need to charge for ticketing operations separately. However, booking fees only apply to customers who buy on the phone or online.”

By that logic they're charging more to people who actually make it cheaper for them to sell tickets...

Because they're being greedy, this technique will - in due course - be eliminated, as have many such practices in the past. Meanwhile, they'll continue to rake it in from the punters.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:43 pm »
Thanks for the list of staff it's amazing that a tight ship is not being run.  They should try having this many staff in London.  All the main theatres are run on a shoe string by comparisson but then they are charities or  privately owned.  A Marketing Manager who is also Box Office Manager with FIVE staff in marketing good grief!

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2013, 07:59:32 pm »
Cast are appearing in the Hall on 19th December.  Not exactly the most happening group these days (they were fairly big in the mid 90's) but a gigs a gig and this is one of only three dates listed on their website along with Leeds and Liverpool.  Their lead singer John Power will also be performing a solo set at, er, the Conwy Feast in October.

http://www.casttour.com/
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #433 on: September 28, 2013, 08:48:00 am »
Cast are appearing in the Hall on 19th December.  Not exactly the most happening group these days (they were fairly big in the mid 90's) but a gigs a gig and this is one of only three dates listed on their website along with Leeds and Liverpool.  Their lead singer John Power will also be performing a solo set at, er, the Conwy Feast in October.

http://www.casttour.com/

Talking of the Conwy Feast--it is now £8.00 to go in on the first day.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:34 pm »
Im glad Oscar has taken up the subject of the empty Arena.