Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 214261 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2011, 03:35:17 pm »
 ZXZ The bar situation changes everytime i go to a concert,sometimes there are two bars in the Arena ,then there might be one in the entrance hall,then they have had people walking around with beer stapped to them,then they might have the Ocean bar open,you never know what to expect,only that the kids serving have no idea what they are doing,its no wonder they don;t book any groups,it bto much hassle for themselves. Z**

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2011, 07:51:35 am »
 ;) Tesco;s to sponsor gigs at Venue Cymru,read all about it. ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2011, 10:02:48 am »
Interesting note in the last CCBC Cabinet meeting. Naturally, the sum involved has been hidden from the taxpayers.

106. Write Off Report

Minutes:

The Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources presented a report seeking confirmation for the part write-off of a venue hire debt, as a consequence of a court decision.

Members were informed that in order to mitigate the risk in future, a new policy had been introduced to ensure that all new bookings (with the exception of public sector bookings) pay a deposit at the time of booking.

RESOLVED-
That Cabinet confirm the write off as a consequence of a court decision.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2011, 12:32:27 am »
Indeed,  and in the real world of corporate finance, there is actually no such thing as a write-off.

In reality the overall budget must balance, so the Finance Director will take the amount from another dept's budget, or previously agreed expenditure.

It makes one wonder what we have lost out on, to make the VC budget ''appear'' to balance.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2011, 05:45:09 pm »
 :P They have lost out on hireing somebody who knows how to talk too and hire groups to play the Arena.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2011, 01:20:43 am »
:P They have lost out on hireing somebody who knows how to talk too and hire groups to play the Arena.

It's a shame Robinson Cleaver and Clive Stock are not employed there.

They were instrumental in bringing the phenomenal Bobby Crush to the town.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2011, 10:34:43 am »
Oh my gawd.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2011, 06:15:25 pm »

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2011, 05:47:57 pm »
[
They were instrumental in bringing the phenomenal Bobby Crush to the town.

Funny you should mention him-- I went on the backstage tour today--- interesting if it is your cup of tea and the lady guide told us about the very posh, expensive piano which belongs to the theatre. Bobby Crush wanted to use it for his performance, but because of his style of playing, the theatre didn't want him to. So they slapped a hefty surcharge on the fee they planned to charge him for it's use, expecting him to refuse to pay it and use the lesser piano. He didn't bat an eylid and paid the fee, so they had to let him use it !!
Rather amused me!
Some of the info passed on was very interesting--- the theatre has no costumes or props of it's own as it is classed as a receiving theatre and each company brings it's own. There is a costume and wig room, but all they provide are washing and drying facilities.
Large mug of coffee and a huge piece of cake , all included for £6.50!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2011, 10:54:01 am »
 :o Shock ,horror they have managed to book Will Young in the Arena on 11. 11 .11,this is a Friday so i bet there will be a few hundred of the twoand a half thousand audience staying over for the weekend,so hotels, restaurants,shops and pubs will benefit which is exactly what should be happening once a week at least. Z**

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2011, 11:24:48 am »
Wow, that's great for Llandudno, just what's needed, mind you we'll not be in the audience  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2011, 11:39:19 am »
 WWW What i would like to find out is who booked him,did his agents approach VC or does the VC have somebody chasing artists,obviously if there is they don;t get much luck. If i was paying buissness rates in this town i would want to know why the Arena is under used and what is CCBC going to do about it,why oh why do people not complain when they are paying massive rates too CCBC.  :rage:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:56 pm »
Rubbish!! Try Neil Young  :P

On another note is the country music festival not happening this year?
Seen no advertising, wonder why not if it isn't, It was always well supported

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2011, 05:47:30 pm »
 8)  Nice to see the hoteliers forum mention that Venue Cymru is not bringing in the trade they promised , the management are not delivering the useage this Venue should ,but heyho what are they doing about it. ZXZ

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »
Just had a little look at the website to see whats on, GUTTED again ,nothing on besides Will Young in NOVEMBER, the whole Arena needs scraping it is just wasting money sitting there being lite up every nite with NOTHING on, CCBC get a grip and get it used. :'(