Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 215887 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #750 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »
B2R, Andy has conferred the title 'Fat Andy' upon himself, he is obviously a humorous and self-deprecating chap.

It is unnecessary for you to stick the boot in and call him BIG Fat Andy.    Consider yourself chastised.  $smack$

Also... I think Nils Lofgren has been around since the dawn of time... but is certainly not a major attraction, not even in his heyday.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #751 on: June 19, 2015, 08:57:22 am »
 L0L Sorry genuine mistake I amalgamated his name with bigbadhenry! What comes of not getting enough sleep.

You have my sincerest apologies - just ... FatAndy

Also you are wrong - Nils Lofgren is a major draw being known as one of if not the greatest guitar player of all time.

consider yourself chastised  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #752 on: June 27, 2015, 01:39:46 pm »
Do we know who books the acts for the Arena in the Venue Cymru complex.

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #753 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »
There's a few proper gigs coming up later in the year - Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) and Happy Mondays (9th December).

Are you a Springsteen fan big fat Andy?

I've seen Springsteen four times, twice with the E-Street Band and twice during his "solo" career back in the 90's.  The last time was in Manchester in 1999 with both Nils Lofgren and Steven Van Zandt on stage as well as Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.  It the best concert I'll ever go to and sadly will never be repeated.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #754 on: June 28, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »
There's a few proper gigs coming up later in the year - Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) and Happy Mondays (9th December).

Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) never heard of them, what comes with old age.

Nils Lofgren has been around the music business for almost 50 years now so age is no excuse!  He was in Neil Young's band in the early 70's and has been a member of Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band on and off for the past 30 years.  His solo career peaked in the mid-70's but he's been around long enough to know what he's doing.

Frank Turner is a former class mate of Prince William from Eton who started out as a hardcore punk performer and won a Kerrang! award in 2010.  Then he heard Springsteen's Nebraska album and reinvented himself as a folk rocker.  In 2012 he sold out Wembley Arena (12,000 tickets) so he's clearly got a decent fan base.  If you look on YouTube you'll find you can listen to every track off his Album "England Keep My Bones" which is well worth a listen, especially the short and sweet "Eulogy".
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #755 on: June 29, 2015, 10:17:55 am »

Are you a Springsteen fan big fat Andy?

I've seen Springsteen four times, twice with the E-Street Band and twice during his "solo" career back in the 90's.  The last time was in Manchester in 1999 with both Nils Lofgren and Steven Van Zandt on stage as well as Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.  It the best concert I'll ever go to and sadly will never be repeated.

He's still not bad these days  ZXZ

You missed out on the Seeger Sessions tour, that was the highlight for me, I do hope they get back together one sweet day.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #756 on: July 05, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »
We went to see Russell Watson at VC last night. He gave an excellent performance, that drew several standing ovations from the audience.  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #757 on: July 05, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »
We went to see Russell Watson at VC last night. He gave an excellent performance, that drew several standing ovations from the audience.  $good$

He's a mega-star these days.

I had a couple of elderly customers today who were absolutely CERTAIN that he was in The Grand Hotel, performing last night, and he was staying there!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #758 on: July 05, 2015, 07:43:53 pm »
It was interesting how he, just like Elvis Costello, related how he knew Llandudno well due to childhood visits.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:45 pm »
Just been to the I.O.M to watch James in concert,spent a small fortune,all down to the fact i went to a concert,glad to say there was an offial of the I.O.M TOURIST OFFICAL asking question at the airport,i was glad to tell him that the island had benefitted trmendously thanks to the fact i had traveled over there to watch James,i hope you all see how filling the Arena can generate millions.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #760 on: August 24, 2015, 09:09:40 am »
Did you have floor standing tickets or did you sit down?

_))* Z** ZXZ _))* $good$

&shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #761 on: August 24, 2015, 06:24:25 pm »
Just been to the I.O.M to watch James in concert,spent a small fortune,all down to the fact i went to a concert,glad to say there was an offial of the I.O.M TOURIST OFFICAL asking question at the airport,i was glad to tell him that the island had benefitted trmendously thanks to the fact i had traveled over there to watch James,i hope you all see how filling the Arena can generate millions.

Wrex, I saw you on my Telly!   ... At the football...  $walesflag$
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #762 on: August 24, 2015, 07:17:11 pm »
I knew i would make it on TV one day

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #763 on: September 10, 2015, 09:26:15 am »
Just booked to see Derren Brown at VC next March, should be fantastic. Also booked to see the Queen tribute concert on Oct 2nd.  $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #764 on: September 21, 2015, 09:07:45 am »
New theatre book came out the other day - usual rubbish in there, but the mighty BELLOWHEAD are playing a farewell show!
Why wasn't this on my radar before?  &shake& Go to book tickets today and only a handful of seats left all on the back 2 rows