Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 214325 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #735 on: May 06, 2015, 10:28:43 am »
Blur are playing in Llandudno on June 11th.   $good$

Venue Cymru, Llandudno - 11 June 2015
BLUR 1200x1200 Walesblur will play three select UK dates ahead of the Isle of Wight Festival and their highly anticipated return to London’s Hyde Park later this summer.

The band is enjoying the widest chart success of their career following the release of the critically acclaimed UK Number 1 album The Magic Whip, peaking at No. 1 in iTunes charts in 8 countries, in the Top 5 in an additional 20 countries and reaching #15 in the U.S.

And now blur will follow-up their two club performances of the album for fans in London and New York with a string of live dates – kicking off at legendary Glasgow venue Barrowlands on 9th June before their first ever Blackpool show at the impressive 19th century Empress Ballroom on 10th June, and finally, a return to Wales for the first time since 1997 to play Llandudno on 11th June.

The Magic Whip is also the first album to have its own official ice cream. Produced in collaboration with British ice cream makers The Licktators, ‘The Magic Whip’ is an individual tub of dairy vanilla ice cream rippled with raspberry coulis and will be in shops from June, in time for blur’s UK festival dates this summer. blur will headline the Isle of Wight Festival on Saturday 13th June and as the only artists to play Hyde Park four times, the band will return to the historic London park for a headline show on Saturday 20th June 2015 as part of Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park. For full details visit www.bst-hydepark.com

16 years since their last album as a four-piece, last week saw the release of a brand new album from blur on Parlophone, titled The Magic Whip. The recordings, which began during a five-day break in touring in Spring 2013 - at Avon Studios in Kowloon, Hong Kong - were put aside when the group finished touring and returned to their respective lives.  Last November Graham Coxon revisited the tracks and, drafting in blur’s early producer Stephen Street, he worked with the band on the material. Albarn then added lyrics and the 12 tracks of The Magic Whip are the result.

Tickets are £35 each (plus booking fee) and will be available from 10am on Friday 8th May via www.axs.com / www.venuecymru.co.uk / Venue Cymru Box Office - 01492 8720000

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #736 on: May 06, 2015, 11:17:46 am »
Amazing. I imagine it will be possible to get tickets though $angry$

What's the best way do you think - internet, phone, or good old fashioned lining up outside?  ££$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #737 on: May 06, 2015, 11:32:41 am »
I wish it was a reformed Oasis, or Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, I would be there like a shot! I never was a Blur fan!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #738 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:33 pm »
line up

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #739 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:05 pm »
At what time would you start queuing? It says they go on sale at 10am

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #740 on: May 06, 2015, 05:37:49 pm »
Perhaps online might be the best bet, but that other website, not the VC one?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #741 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:14 am »
Went to the first night of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at VC last night.  Have to say it was superb in every aspect, well worth going to see. Seeing Elvis performing amid the pyramids was a bit surreal but I think it was the highlight of the show.

Daily Post Review here:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/review-joseph-amazing-technicolor-dreamcoat-9244670

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #742 on: May 13, 2015, 09:10:31 am »

You were absolutely right, easiest tickets I've ever got. The other website worked a charm.
VC website of course crashed at 9.58!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #743 on: May 13, 2015, 09:26:27 am »

You were absolutely right, easiest tickets I've ever got. The other website worked a charm.
VC website of course crashed at 9.58!
Glad to hear you got the tickets. Should be a brilliant night.  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #744 on: May 13, 2015, 09:42:03 am »
It would be a brilliant night if it was Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds playing rather than Blur! I was never a Blur fan, can you tell?  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #745 on: May 13, 2015, 09:45:02 am »
More than anyone else this Summer, I'm looking forward to seeing Elvis Costello in a couple of weeks.  $elvis$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #746 on: June 17, 2015, 05:54:42 pm »
Venue Cymru date for Cor Glanaethwy

Britain’s Got Talent finalists Côr Glanaethwy have announced details of a special UK tour later this year.

After wowing the judges and audiences alike at their audition and the live shows with their spine-tingling rendition of Benedictus and The Prayer, the 160-plus strong choir stormed straight to the finals where they sang Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah.

A strong favourite to win they came third in the prime-time talent show and received support from all over the country and a host of celebrities with judge David Walliams describing their performance as “completely magical.”

Celebrating their 25th anniversary milestone, Côr Glanaethwy choir will perform eight dates across the UK in September, October and November 2015.
MORE....http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/venue-cymru-date-cor-glanaethwy-9473009

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #747 on: June 17, 2015, 09:30:17 pm »
There's a few proper gigs coming up later in the year - Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) and Happy Mondays (9th December).
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2015, 08:31:46 am »
There's a few proper gigs coming up later in the year - Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) and Happy Mondays (9th December).

Are you a Springsteen fan big fat Andy?

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #749 on: June 18, 2015, 12:10:34 pm »

Frank Turner (5th Nov), Nils Lofgren (6th Nov) never heard of them, what comes with old age.