Author Topic: Venue Cymru Arena  (Read 215947 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Venue Cymru Arena
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2011, 01:57:24 pm »
Still seems way too much - over £16,800 spent EVERY DAY!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 02:03:32 pm »
Presumably because they average out their expenditure so that the cost of bringing the few big shows they have appears as a disproportionate weekly expenditure. What really matters is how they're losing so much per year and for that, we'd need to see the VC accounts themselves.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »
Expenditure equals to spending of £117,615 a WEEK. How?

Heating, Lighting, Cleaning, Maintenance, Rates, insurance, depreciation, Wages and tea bags, probably.

Plus Advertising, Hospitality, Booze for Councillors and their pals, Free Tickets, Mailings, Phone, IT and Rodent Exterminator!     L0L

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »
 :o Well if the Arena sites empty nite after nite with no groups booked in then its no suprise this venue is bleeding us dry. L0L

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:24 pm »
 :o  Im so pleased to see the management of theloss makeing Venue Cymru still have not managed to find another gig to put on in the Arena,it just proves what a useless bunch is running the show.The Manic Street Preachers are booked in for May 18 and that is it,i will admit i have no idea how many other bookings for the Arena they have ,eg snooker or little shows  but lets be honest,2,500 people coming into Llandudno for concerts has to make sense,yet NOBODY seems to give a hoot,if i managed the Washington i would want to know why my rates are being put into Venue Cymru and nothing is on,the Wash gets a lot of buisness when there is a gig in the Arena.I think an e-mail to a promotor is needed to see their thoughts on Llandudno and the Venue. WWW

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 09:49:11 pm »
FYI, wrex, the Madoc Street Preachers is not sold out yet which is surprising.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 09:52:33 pm »
 :'( The only thing on and im away ,sods law Z**

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 02:03:46 pm »
 :( I was told at the weekend the management refused to take a Deep Purple gig due to the fact they thought it would not sell,HELLO. ZXZ

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »
They shoulkd bloody well take all that they are offered - someone will like it!   And as the band etc is normally paid by a percentage of the door takings on top of the basic fee their costs were known before they started.   Simple commercial risk.   Who are Deep Purple anyway - I've never heard of them - but then I'm not a music buff.     
 $angry$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »
if VC refused to book a gig, it would be because the promoter wouldnt pay to hire the hall and wanted to pay VC out of ticket sales without a guaranteed level of income, I imagine?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:58 pm »
Who are Deep Purple anyway - I've never heard of them - but then I'm not a music buff. $angry$

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Purple

Deep Purple are considered to be one of the hardest touring bands in the world. From 1968 until today (with the exception of their 1976–1984 split) they continue to tour around the world. In 2007, the band received a special award for selling more than 150,000 tickets in France, with 40 dates in the country in 2007 alone. Also in 2007, Deep Purple's Rapture of the Deep Tour was voted #6 concert tour of the year (in all music genres) by Planet Rock listeners. The Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang Tour was voted #5 and beat Purple's tour by only 1%. Deep Purple released a new live compilation DVD box, Around the World Live, in May 2008. In February 2008, the band made their first ever appearance in Moscow at the Kremlin at the personal request of Dmitry Medvedev who at the time was considered a shoo-in for the seat of the Presidency of Russia. The band was part of the entertainment for the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2009 in Liberec, Czech Republic. In 2011, many people wondered at the Deep Purple Disney On Ice Tour.

Maybe Venue Cymru management have never heard of them also..... :-X

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 05:15:01 pm »
We would have gone to the Deep Purple gig  $angry$   Tomorrow night we will be there for the Brit Floyd gig  D)  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 05:29:28 pm »
We would have gone to the Deep Purple gig  $angry$

Yes, and so would numerous people from around North Wales, North West England and further afield. Staying in hotels, drinking in local pubs, eating in local restaurants, spending in local shops...........some people just don't get it.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:32 pm »
A Promoter puts on a gig, not VC Management. They simply rent the building to said Promoter.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »
I was beginning to wonder why so many touring groups weren't coming here, maybe this is why?
If these people did a small bit of research of any acts they haven't heard of they might realise there is good money to be made if they get a few decent acts here. I get sick of having to go to Liverpool, Manchester, Crewe & the midlands to see bands and not getting back until the early hours meaning I have to book the next day off work! What was the point of building the arena if it's going to spend so much of it's time lying empty???
Valar Morghulis