Author Topic: Kingdom Security  (Read 11838 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Kingdom Security
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 12:49:48 pm »
Since Kingdom went, I thought I was being a bit paranoid, did I see more dog muck around ?, there was definitely more dogs off their leads, I live in a quiet road and noticed dogs being leashed as they got nearer to the main road, a very dangerous habit.

Initially We agreed something needed done, but disagreed with Kingdoms methods, but maybe we needed the heavy handed approach and the publicity for it to be effective ?

Colwyn Bay resident says he would "welcome back Kingdom with open arms" after dog fouling gets out of hand
A Colwyn Bay residents has said he would "welcome back Kingdom with open arms" after dog fouling has begun to get out of hand in his neighbourhood.

Brackley Avenue resident Mike Roberts said he has found bags of dog muck all over the place in his street from on top of his hedge and hanging from trees to neighbours gardens.
He said: "I would welcome Kingdom back with open arms. Bring Kingdom here.

"We have dog muck in people's gardens, hanging from trees, no fewer than six bags lumped on the pavement and even dog muck not in bags on my drive.
"People are placing them all over the shop and my neighbours have brought it to the council's attention

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16991241.colwyn-bay-resident-says-he-would-welcome-back-kingdom-with-open-arms-after-dog-fouling-gets-out-of-hand/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 03:13:44 pm »
Kingdom, a deterrent or a money maker......................... ?   >:(

Conwy council has been left with a £200,000 black hole in its budget because its contract with a controversial enforcement firm came to an end.

"The council had been budgeting for having the extra income Kingdom generated for it. But when Kingdom ended the deal, County Hall bosses were faced with losing around £200,000 in revenue and is now facing an overspend of up to £170,000."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-council-still-counting-cost-15680667

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:52 am »
Ive noticed that there has been a significant increase in dog fouling since Kingdom Security ceased operating in Conwy. There is so much of it that its obvious that it isnt just the tiny minority of dog owners responsible.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:23 am »
Ive noticed that there has been a significant increase in dog fouling since Kingdom Security ceased operating in Conwy. There is so much of it that its obvious that it isnt just the tiny minority of dog owners responsible.

Agreed, I mentioned above about dogs off leads,  " I live in a quiet road and noticed dogs being leashed as they got nearer to the main road, a very dangerous habit."  now they do not bother, dogs crossing main roads, some out of sight of their owner, someone is going to get hurt, sooner rather than later.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 01:49:20 pm »
All of which begs the question: if dog owners are behaving irresponsibly, then do we need the likes of KS - with all their flaws - to make dog owners comply?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2019, 02:12:13 pm »
Something does need to be done about irresponsible dog owners and if CCBC  is no longer using KS then they should be using its own staff to do the work that KS was supposed to be doing.
The trouble is that these dog owners are just sly people who let their dogs foul when no one else is about or is not looking in their direction
What's the point of making laws if they are not enforced and the same goes for those dog owners who do not micro chip their pets

Offline SteveH

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 04:23:54 pm »
Kingdom enforcement squad replacement delayed
Councillors wants to look at what wider powers the new environmental patrols could be given.

At Wednesday’s economy and place scrutiny committee Cllr Greg Robbins said the group wanted more time to consider what other areas a new enforcement service could look at.

This could include giving officers the powers to hand out tickets for fly-tipping.

An extension would mean that the deadline for their report would have to be extended from April until June....... more https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/kingdom-enforcement-squad-replacement-delayed-15872112

Offline SteveH

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2020, 02:48:34 pm »
Kingdom enforcement squad replacement delayed
Councillors wants to look at what wider powers the new environmental patrols could be given.

At Wednesday’s economy and place scrutiny committee Cllr Greg Robbins said the group wanted more time to consider what other areas a new enforcement service could look at.

I have not heard any news about renewing a litter warden contract, but here's a  warning to the council, do not make the same mistake again..........

Smokers are still the main target compared to dog owners in tackling litter as they are seen as "easy" money by the firm that carries out the work, a Denbighshire councillor claims.
District Enforcement penalised 113 smokers in the first six weeks of its contract compared to 22 dog owners.

A contract with Kingdom Security ended in acrimony amid similar accusations.

Responding to Councillor Rhys Thomas's criticism, the authority insisted dog fouling was a priority.

A scrutiny committee heard that between December and mid-January, District Enforcement issued 147 penalty charge notices (PCNs), about 80% of which related to smoking in prohibited places or dropping cigarette and cigar ends.

Mr Thomas asked: "Are officers concentrating on the easy job of prosecuting smokers in order to produce more income - all of which they can keep?"

He was one of the members who previously raised concerns about the new contract, which he claimed looked very similar to the terms offered before.   cont https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51720169

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2020, 03:41:38 pm »
It's a difficult situation to resolve but what gives smokers the right to think that they can throw cigarette stubs on the floor and not be prosecuted.     It may be the easier option but there is nothing wrong with that providing the same resources are provided for tackling dog fouling

Dog fouling is a disgusting thing and is the fault of only a  very small minority of irresponsible dog owners who fail to pick up after their pets.     These people are sly and take their dogs out at times when people are not about, some will pick up after their animals if they are being watched  but then as soon as the people who have been watching them have gone those dog owners just throw the poo bags away.

It's ok to moan about enforcement officers but while smoking and dog fouling are both disgusting and anti social habits, one is obviously harder to control than the other
I just wish that the DVLA  would use outfits like Kingdom Security to enforce their rules regarding non compliant motorists