Author Topic: Kingdom Security  (Read 11844 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Kingdom Security
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:45 am »
I think it is time they had thier own thread.....

.Kingdom Services enforcement officers have been accused of cashing in on Storm Ophelia.
Onlookers in Llandudno said they saw the woman given a fine for littering - after a tissue she was using was blown out of her hand.

A witness, who did not want to be named, said he believed the woman was a tourist and that the hanky was whisked from her grasp by the high winds that had reached up to 80mph.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/kingdom-fine-woman-storm-ophelia-13779721

Offline Mike

Re: Kingdom Security
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:13:09 pm »
Maybe they should follow the recycling team instead. Lots of litter there each time they come I end up picking up the stuff that's fallen on the ground and not been picked up, and stacking what's left of the bashed about trolley boxes which have just been dumped.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:17:24 pm »
This is interesting, as I understand it KS never film an offence, but only switch the body cam on for the ticketing process.

Judge clears grandmother fined for dropping cigarette butt.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/judge-clears-grandmother-fined-dropping-13875900

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 10:45:47 pm »
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:56 am »
A controversial security firm has been “nothing but trouble” at a North Wales retail park, where they were sent by the council without the permission of the landowner, says the manager.

Alan Barker, one of the bosses at Llandudno’s Mostyn Champneys, said there was no need for officers from Kingdom to visit the retail park as it has its own cleaners.
But he said the St Helens-based firm was instructed by Conwy council to issue litter fines at Mostyn Champneys, despite no consent being given by the park’s owners.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/controversial-security-firm-nothing-trouble-13999133

Comments......
Personally I don't believe that the enforcement officers should patrol retail parks but the problem is that, especially at this time of year, litter doesn't stay in the location it gets dropped.  If someone drops a crisp packet outside Home Bargains or a burger wrapper outside McDonald's they aren't necessarily going to remain within the confines of the retail park for very long.  I'm also not convinced about the claim that the retail park has it's own cleaners because I must have been there hundreds of times over the years and I don't remember ever seeing anyone going around picking up litter.  Maybe the Daily Post could ask for evidence that these cleaners do actually exist rather than accepting everything they're told as being the truth?

“Most of the shops on Mostyn Champneys are discount stores so our shoppers probably can’t afford the £75 fine."  Seriously Mr Barker?  Could you please therefore explain how your shoppers are supposed to pay £85 fake fines to Parking Eye, a notorious bunch of scammers that YOU invited onto your retail park?  The message I'm getting is that you're more than happy for "your" shoppers to be scammed so long as you get a share of the loot and only find it unacceptable if there's nothing in it for you.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 12:01:42 pm »
Good comment here

""“Most of the shops on Mostyn Champneys are discount stores so our shoppers probably can’t afford the £75 fine."  Seriously Mr Barker?  Could you please therefore explain how your shoppers are supposed to pay £85 fake fines to Parking Eye, a notorious bunch of scammers that YOU invited onto your retail park?  The message I'm getting is that you're more than happy for "your" shoppers to be scammed so long as you get a share of the loot and only find it unacceptable if there's nothing in it for you."

Offline SteveH

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:14:11 pm »
Despite their methods KS seem to be getting stronger.....

This statement stood out in the article

These new Kingdom officers are clearly visible ”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/kingdom-police-anglesey-council-car-14013751

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 12:33:03 pm »
They've had a lot of stick for being 'undercover' not wearing uniforms etc and pouncing on people unsuspecting. So I think new rules state they must now wear a visible uniform. It stops them getting up to tricks like disguising themselves as a tree and hoping a passing dog will pee on them so they can then jump out and fine the owner. $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 12:34:48 pm »

Offline SteveH

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 10:52:00 am »
Council launch Kingdom probe after shopper wrongly hit with £75 fag butt fine
CCTV footage proved Susan Little put cigarette in bin now council chiefs investigate why she was still taken to court

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/council-launch-kingdom-probe-after-14211439

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 11:38:18 am »
I'm surprised no one has yet sued them for distress, loss of earnings, reputation damage and more.  Easy money in her case, I'd have thought.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:18 pm »
The business model idea is flawed and the councils must know that. If these fines really were a deterrent then it stands to reason that after being in operation (very publicly) for some time that the number of fines should start to fall and continue falling until it has reduced dramatically and it flatlines.  As Kingdom are only financed by the fines their profit should be heftily decreasing year on year.

It isn't.

That means that either

A) It isn't a deterrent - so they might as well not be there

B) It is a deterrent and litter dropping/dog fouling is falling but to keep up with their targets they have to be more "adventurous" with the fines they impose.

Either way they are of no use to man nor beast.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:37 pm »
In a recent article they said approx 500 fines in Conwy County, the highest in Wales closely followed in second place by a county ? Who issued 38 fines...........  &shake&

Offline SteveH

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 12:45:48 pm »
A controversial security firm has been accused of going for “easy” targets after handing out 53 times more tickets for littering compared to dog fouling.

Data obtained by the Daily Post show from between October and December 2017, Kingdom Security slapped people with 1,180 littering fines compared to just 22 for dog mess across Wrexham.

The revelation has sparked accusations Kingdom Security is chasing “easy” targets dropping litter, rather than catching owners who fail to clean-up after their dogs.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/security-firm-dished-out-53-14249782

Just found this....

Watch moment Kingdom enforcer given the boot by Tesco security
Man films moment litter warden believed to be attempting to ticket an elderly couple is told to leave Holyhead Tesco car park.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/watch-moment-kingdom-enforcer-given-14249917

Offline SteveH

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 04:16:07 pm »
Kingdom's Gwynedd Council contract has been scrapped 'by mutual agreement'
The local authority has said it will now use its own street team to enforce littering issues.

"A well-placed source said the firm had been beset by staffing problems and complaints from the public about “tactics”.

"It is also understood that although it was agreed Kingdom staff would be able to converse in Welsh, the majority of the staff which have now left could not speak the language."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/kingdoms-gwynedd-council-contract-shelved-14383864