The Local > Genealogy & Research

Thomas Richard EVANS

(1/21) > >>

Jelly Baby:
I read on the Billiongraves Index that there is a grave for Thomas Richard EVANS at the Saint Tudno's Church Cemetery, Llandudno. It gives an 'Affiliate Image Identifier' as 382299 - I don't know if that's just the ID number of the person that perhaps took a photo of the grave? I couldn't view any photo as I don't have that kind of access to the Billiongraves website. It gives Thomas' death date as 14 Jan 1959.
My query is this, is the St Tudno's Church cemetery the one on the Great Orme? Is my belief incorrect that only people born on the Gt Orme can be buried there?
The reason I ask is because my Mother's step-brother is also called Thomas Richard Evans and I have been trying to find out what happened to him after he returned home from WW1 minus his left-hand middle finger! He worked in the Little Orme quarries and I wonder if he could have returned to his job there with his disability.
Anyone with any knowledge that would expand my family history on Thomas will be my friend for life!!  :-*

Hugo:
Jelly Baby just put "Thomas Richard Evans St Tudno's Church"  in Google and you'll see the headstone

Jelly Baby:
Ooh, thanks, Hugo! I should have known there would have been something on Google!
Not looking good for my Thomas Richard though, as if he was 65 when he died in 1959, that would mean he was born in 1894; whereas 'our' Thomas was born in 1891/2.....
Back to square one, I suppose!

Hugo:
Don't give up on him yet Jelly Baby as there are a number of things to look for and I'd like to point out that you don't have to be born on the Great Orme to be buried in St Tudno's Church on the Great Orme.
Conwy Archives have a lot of information to look at and one of those is papers like the Llandudno Advertiser.    The obituary may be recorded in there and that will probably give you the name of the Cemetery where he was buried and the name of the undertaker too.
So that's a starting place to begin your search

Cambrian:
Jellybaby, could you confirm where he was born and where he died.  Reason I ask is that I have checked the North Wales BMD system and couldn't find anyone registered for the years you mention (plus those either side) with the name Thomas Richard Evans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version