The Local > Genealogy & Research

Mary ann hughes c1876

(1/4) > >>

karenjadejoy:
hello once again,
i am popping in here to ask other hughes families re a mary ann hughes marrying an Edmund Griffith Thomas (dob 1876 Bangor).
in Llandudno Dec 1900.

Do any of you other Hughes branches perhaps have a mary ann of your lines married to Mr Thomas? so i can either eliminate him or research a little deeper. to the connection.

researching My Mary ann hughes, dob 1876 Llandudno, parents Robert hughes and ann nee owen ( aunt of my grandmother margaret ann pearl Hughes.) i have her in the 1881 census and 1891 census in Llandudno. 

i am finding some folks on ancestry that have this marriage, (with my hughes line attached to her, but i think its more guesswork on their part, as likely wrong as right... but no confirmation or marriage certs as yet to confirm her parentage).

so any help or suggestions  would be appreciated that can eliminate this marriage or ....

Karen

PM:
Hi, My name is Paula.  I’m researching my family tree and wonder if there is a link with yours.  My grandmother was Edith Hughes, born around 1909 on the Great Orme, Llandudno. Her parents were William Hughes & Sarah (nee Jones).  Her siblings were Betty, George, Sarah, Ellen, Gwen, Jack, William, Lily, Peggy and Dilys.  I have other information if you’re interested.  I live in Suffolk but sometimes visit Wales to continue my research. Thanks.

karenjadejoy:
hello,
im not sure if there's a link,

my Mary Hughes was the aunt of  Margaret Ann Pearl Hughes,  my grandmother. (see this topic http://www.threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2893.0.html).

Mary Ann did have a brother William Hughes. but i have hardly any info on him at all.

He was  b1887 Llandudno, died possibly 1935- uncorroborated,   and i do not know if he married at all or not.  he is mentioned on the memorial  named on the ww1 memorial - Glodaeth street - http://www.conwy.gov.uk/drwardetl.asp?cat=2435&doc=2710&mid=23&mid1=23   and was the brother of my great grandfather Ishmae Hughes,  but wether its the same william as you have,    i have no idea,  hopefully you will find some info on the forum.
regards Karen .

Hugo:
Paula, if you post the address where your Nain lived on the Great Orme it might ring a bell with someone on the forum.
My mother's maiden name was Hughes before she married my father who was also a Hughes but there is no connection with your family on either side of my family.
I did know of a George Hughes who lived in the West Shore area and a Jack Hughes  but the other names don't sound familiar to me.
Hope that you get some luck on here with your research

Jack:
Karen, if I understand correctly you mention that William died circa 1935? If that is the case then he can't be one of the three William Hughes' listed on Llandudno war memorial as it only lists those that died on active service rather than those who served. Those who served, and survived the war, are listed on the town's Roll of Honour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version