The Local > Genealogy & Research

Pierce and Jane Jones of Tan Y Wal

(1/9) > >>

ckirkrph:
Hey there. I was fortunate enough to pick up last year on a conversation pertaining to Grace Ellen Jones and her family. My Great Great Grandmother was her sister Annie Maria(h) Jones . She died young in 1909 but not before having atleast 2 boys, one which carried down to me, with an Alfred Kirk, but they were given up for adoption after her death (would love more info on this) and sent to Halifax in 1915. So, I recently connected with a cousin who was able to send me a copy of a picture of Annie Maria's father whom we had found to be Pierce Jones, married to an Jane Williams. All is fine as I have other pics of this gentlemen rowing in boats at LLandudno, but on the back it is written William Pierce Jones! Not sure, even the birth certificate I found only had him listed as Pierce, I thought there was a brother named William but not much could be found. Does anybody know if my Pierce Jones of Tan Y Wal was actually William Pierce, or was this a brother? Anyways, I am trying to gather any and all info on this side of the family. Ultimately I want to find out where Annie maria is buried. Please, if anybody cares to comment I would appreciate it. Chad Kirk

Hugo:
Annie Marie Kirk's death was registered in Solihull  ( Birmingham area )  in the quarter July to Sept 1909 but I have no idea where she was buried.  I think that I had a search previously in the local Archives but found no trace of her in any of the Burial Indexes.
Perhaps someone else on the forum may be able to find this information for you.
I found Pierce's grave in Glanwydden but the inscription on the headstone just said Pierce Jones.    Sorry that I can't help you any more at the moment

Hugo:
I was at the Conwy Archives today and had a look at the Baptism records for the Parishes of Eglwysrhos and Llangystennin for the mid 1800's.
I was hoping to see  Pierce Jones' Baptism record and the names on it.     Unfortunately there was no entry for Pierce in either record and I noted that there were no other entries for anyone living at Tan Y Wal.
In those days nearly everyone was Baptised and as we know Pierce and his parents were members of the Baptist Chapel at Glanwydden so I would guess that the Baptisms were recorded in the Chapel register and I've no idea where those records are but that they are not in the Conwy Archives

mull:
Hi folks.
Just been on the Nestoria website and found :-

Tan-y-wal, Penrhynside, to be sold by auction at a guide price of £110,000 includes all the land with planning permission for a 3 bed semi . Auction is on 12th July 2017, Crown Plaza Hotel, Pier Head, Liverpool.
I would think it would go for more than that with the planning permission.
Bit out of my range  I think.
Nows your chance Hugo.

Hugo:
Mull,  how can you get planning for a 3 bed semi?     Unless of course it's going to be attached to Tan Y Wal.       

Out of my range too,  I'm an OAP  don't forget.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version