Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 115927 times)

Offline nwpo

Re: Incompetence: CCBC, NAfW, UK Government, Local council and others
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2018, 09:04:14 pm »
Conwy CBC have had yet another wonderful idea.

The Forest School in the centre of Eirias Park is about to close and much thought has been put into deciding what new use will bring the most benefit to the park.

The decision is in - they are going to convert the building into offices, which then will be leased to the Welsh Ambulance Service.
Hmmm...the very same 'Forest School' that CCBC spent a fortune on and has been barely used?

The same Forest School that they spent £7,500 on installing a new ground source heat pump at the end of March.

Offline Dave

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2018, 10:05:37 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-44849203

It's beyond belief that at a time of continual cut backs we find once again an incidence of gross stupidity.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2018, 10:48:30 am »
Hard to believe that they did not do a survey of the building to check it's suitability! But then this is CCBC!  ???
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »
This is appalling. Did it never occur to those leasing the place to check what the weight-bearing limits of the structure where before leasing it?  We need to know who authorised this - because we're paying for it, yet we never seem to find the idiot whose responsibility it was.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:59:55 pm by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Giggly girl

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2018, 01:43:34 pm »
Ah now the mystery of why 4 weekly collections are needed to save money is revealed.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »
It's amazing what Freedom of Information Act requests throw up time and time again with CCBC. It's about time they made staff members account for their gross negligence. If the issue was identified as CCBC moved in to the fit out stage as quoted, why did they not challenge that it was unfit for purpose at the time. Even though the landlord soon after sold it on, surely this would still apply to the building whoever owned it. I don't think it's up to the council to now be looking at ways to improve the building if they intend using Council Tax funding and throwing even more money at this, surely that's up to the owner. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when this gets discussed, most probably will be behind closed doors yet again.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2018, 03:59:15 pm »
Now we all know that land is reclaimed as it used to be the tip, so didn't Ccbc planners have to pass the place for purpose 🤔 The same councilors that agreed to this building let are still on the council ,How do they keep getting away with wasting Our money 😡

Offline Dave

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2018, 04:43:18 pm »
According to the BBC news article the council signed a 35 year lease agreement too! It will be interesting to know who is in charge of the department and how much they get paid. Might be an even bigger surprise.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2018, 08:32:15 am »
I'd heard rumours for a long time that the massive building on Mochdre Business Park was unsuitable for use due to a construction problem, but I didn't know that it was CCBC that were paying a massive rent for a building that is completely unusable.

Someone (or several people) need to resign over this matter...or be fired!

Offline cygnusx-1

I am not surprised the floor is not strong enough......that area was the rubbish dump were the bin lorries made their call after being round the houses!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
I've come to the conclusion that the DVLA as a debt collecting agency is not fit for purpose.   They know from day one if a car is not road taxed and yet I still see cars being driven on the road that haven't been taxed for nine months or more. 
I have written to the DVLA for information on specific points on their enforcement proceedings under the FOI
 Act and they have refused to answer them and I have just written again for some other details and they haven't even acknowledged the application.
They have a duty and responsibility to the public to collect all outstanding debts but unfortunately are failing in it. I just wish that something or someone would sort out this mess

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
AAAAAARRrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.   >:(     

Why the Welsh government gave £1m of taxpayers' cash to Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways will get £1m (BUNG) from the Welsh Government to market Wales as a destination around the globe.
It had initially refused to reveal the cost, claiming it would (show up their incompetence ) compromise the country’s economic interests.

The airline will also contribute £1m to the two-year partnership, which has an option to extend for a further two years for another £1m each.  (Multiplying their initial mistake )
First Minister Carwyn Jones previously described the deal as a “huge boost” for ................?   Wales.

The Welsh Government had originally said the deal’s significance could not be “underestimated”, ( ? ? ? )  and the value was commercially sensitive.( An expensive mistake)

Today, Shadow Economy and Transport spokesperson, Russel George AM said: “Today’s revelation that £1m of taxpayers’ cash was used to support the deal between Cardiff Airport and Qatar Airways raises serious questions for the Welsh Government.

“It is not good enough to hide behind “commercial sensitivity” to keep these details quiet.”

www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-government-gave-1m-taxpayers-14948320

Offline Meleri

Hugo you can fill a form in on-line to report an untaxed vehicle. There is also a free service to check if the said vehicle is indeed untaxed before you put the complaint in. You must have the vehicles reg number, make, model, colour and the street name town & postcode of where it's parked to make the complaint . The form can be found on the Department for Transport site under Report an untaxed vehicle.
I can understand your frustration regarding this as only last year there was a campaign targeting non road tax payers saying "if you don't tax it you'll lose it". There was a huge revenue drop of millions following the abolition of the tax discs, which was exposed through a FOI by The Financial Times. Perhaps you could drop them a line and ask them how did they manage to get the information as you are being ignored.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Thanks for that info Meleri,   I have reported the incident and did it over 8 months ago as the person is a habitual road tax dodger and indirectly owes me money.   If I had the contract of the debt in my name then I would have recovered it months ago.
As I have said before the DVLA  as a debt recovery business is not fit for purpose and is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
I'm not being unfair with my comments but expect that the Government when abolishing the road tax disc did not fund or resource the DVLA so that they could quickly and effectively recover unpaid road tax
I'll look into the Financial Times article asap and thanks again for the tips

Offline Cambrian

Good points.  DVLA's systems contrast with those of TV Licensing whose regular persecutions and unwanted mail shots can ultimately result in prison sentences even for those on minimal income.  Perhaps DVLA licensing should learn from the TV people - after all, who provides intel on licence dodgers other than the point of sale of a TV set. 

At one time the police used to deal with failures to display and failures to have Excise Licences but this is yet another area where they have relinquished any responsibility or interest.