Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 115922 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Incompetence: CCBC, NAfW, UK Government, Local council and others
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2018, 08:32:13 am »
Conwy CBC have had yet another wonderful idea.

The Forest School in the centre of Eirias Park is about to close and much thought has been put into deciding what new use will bring the most benefit to the park.

The decision is in - they are going to convert the building into offices, which then will be leased to the Welsh Ambulance Service.
Hmmm...the very same 'Forest School' that CCBC spent a fortune on and has been barely used?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2018, 08:47:04 am »
Always wondered why a Forest has to go to school, anyway...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2018, 12:54:26 pm »
Council chiefs overpay workers tens of thousands of pounds
The bulk of the overpayments occurred in Education Services followed by Social Services, according to new report

“It is disappointing that we have had £54,000 worth of overpayments through 2016/17, this though must be seen in the context of £93million of salary payments and equates to over 99.95% of salary being paid correctly."

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/council-chiefs-overpay-workers-tens-14695058

Offline SteveH

« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2018, 12:11:10 pm »
A cash-strapped council (Conwy) has admitted leaving street lights burning all day and night is ‘not ideal’.

The lamps lining the Royal Welsh Way on the A470 in Llandudno have been left on 24/7 for weeks.

www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-council-street-lights-llandudno-14773499

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2018, 12:53:57 pm »
A cash-strapped council (Conwy) has admitted leaving street lights burning all day and night is ‘not ideal’.

The lamps lining the Royal Welsh Way on the A470 in Llandudno have been left on 24/7 for weeks.

www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/conwy-council-street-lights-llandudno-14773499
It's certainly a waste of energy, but not money, as street lights are not metered. The Council pays a fixed rate for each lamp post each year, regardless of the electricity used.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »

It's certainly a waste of energy, but not money, as street lights are not metered. The Council pays a fixed rate for each lamp post each year, regardless of the electricity used.

On that logic, next years fixed rate will cost more, and it still shows the council in a bad "light"

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2018, 03:53:03 pm »
Non payment of Car Road Tax seems to be increasing steadily since the abolition of the paper tax discs but the DVLA  is useless as a debt management recovery office.
There are cars being driven around in the area that still have no road tax on them several months after their road tax expired.    If they clamped all the road tax defaulters then at least the cars couldn't  on the road

Offline Hugo

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2018, 10:59:22 am »
I thought that the DVLA  as a debt recovery office was useless but realise now that the operation of it is a shambles.    The system is computerised so there is no reason whatsoever to see cars being driven around town with no road tax on it for 9 months or more

They saved a reported £10 million by abolishing the paper disc but have since  lost over £100 million by road tax evasion

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2018, 11:16:10 am »
Hugo I have give the police car reg,s years out of date a van with wrong plates ( drugs)  and they are still on the road 😡

Offline Hugo

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2018, 11:31:28 am »
It's so annoying Norman but these people, the Police and DVLA  are public servants and accountable or should be for their actions.   I had a friend who worked in the Police service and he said keep reporting these incidents because a Police Sergeant has to review them at some stage and do something about it

Offline DVT

« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2018, 12:19:43 pm »
My mother-in-law died a few months ago and we are in the process of selling the house.  A letter arrived addressed to a person we did not know although the address was correct for my mother-in-law's house - we opened it and it was a NIP for someone having exceeded the speed limit, albeit by a very small amount.  I phone the Police at Prestatyn from where they issue such notices and told them the situation, I was also puzzled as to how they got the address - from DVLA I was told - and as the car was a 67 reg then where would the log book have gone to - I was asked to send the letter back with the explanation I gave over the phone - so I did.

I received a letter acknowledging, and was instructed to contact DVLA about the incorrect information - unfortunately I could not do this as I did not make a note of the registration number other than it was a 67 plate, and I knew the make of the car.

A week or so later a recorded delivery arrived for the same person.  The house was unoccupied so a note was left by the Post Office to go and collect - I realised what it probablty was so ignored it - I doubt I could have collected it anyway as I had no proof of being the person who the letter was addressed to.

I guess that the "criminal" got away with this as they would not have received the NIP within the time scale ... but it does beg the question as to how did this person got linked to my late mother-in-law's address in the first place.

This is not the only item of mail that has been addressed to an unknown person at the address this year, a whole series of letters arrived for one person from the Benefits Agency and Job  Centre and I did all I could to inform them by phone and even visiting the office, but the letters kept coming.  I gave up.

I wonder how much of my mail has gone elsewhere - certainly I hope that if I do get a NIP then it gets delivered somewhere else!!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2018, 01:06:18 pm »
I wonder whether the number plate was cloned at some time if your in laws had a car with a 67 plate?       The Police seem to also turn a blind eye to a lot of these "designer plates" that have been modified by moving numbers and letters about and yet it is an offence and should fail the MOT
I have a dash cam and forgot to remove it for my MOT but my garage used common sense and removed it and placed it on the front seat before carrying out the test but I wonder how many other garages are obeying the rules?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2018, 01:10:35 pm »
it was a NIP for someone having exceeded the speed limit, albeit by a very small amount.

Well, if you can remember the person's full name we'd be happy for you to post it in here, as a public service to the person concerned, as I'm sure he'd want to know his mail was being misdirected...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DVT

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2018, 02:50:36 pm »
I'm not prepared to give the name in public - we only received two items - the NIP and the recorded "reminder".  I did find someone of the same name on Facebook who was a possible owner of the vehicle, so if I can find it then the Police should also be able to - if they're that desperate!

The "offence" was committed in the early hours of a Sunday morning, doing just a few mph (35) more than the 30 limit - well known camera not in the Three Towns area but not far away.

The last time a car was registered to my in-laws address was over 30 years ago - and would have been my late father-in-law's Austin Allegro (yes, the one with "square" steering wheel!) so there was no reason for DVLA to have that address on record !!!  My mother-in-law has never driven.

The car was a CX67 plate and I checked it on DVLA - the details agreed with those on the NIP, so less than 12 months old.  I cannot remember the three letters, which is why there was no point my contacting DVLA to check their records - the Police should have done that anyway.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2018, 03:38:57 pm »
Sorry DVT but when you said a 67 plate I thought that it was 1967 not the most recent one   :-[