Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 28664 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Social Service's staff moved out of their Civic Centre office block a month ago.

When I walked past the building today I noticed a plume of steam coming from the flue on the roof, so we are paying to heat an abandoned building.

I wonder if the heating is also still on in the other 20 or so abandoned offices?

Couldn't the water pipes be drained and turned off?

Possibly cheaper to heat an empty building than risk a water pipe freezing & bursting with the subsequent damage that can cause?

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2019, 11:07:24 PM »
I presume that the electric and gas had been disconnected so why couldn't the water pipes be drained and turned off?

norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
C,mon Hugo you are being too sensible here , it's not their money so they don't care ,as soon as they emptied the place guys should have gone in and disabled everything ( incase of vandals for one thing ) ,,,,  how do you know the heating is on in council buildings and hospitals ,,, yes the windows are open 😡

cygnusx-1

« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2019, 05:49:08 PM »
If you want to flog the place, I am sure a few quid to prevent rot etc will make  the place more saleable.......of course you would not complain if the place just fell down would you? All the rear ground floor windows have been boarded up already.....those facing NWP Headquarters will of course have the long arm of the law looking after them!!? The hospital doors used before 1965? will require hinging the other way to stop them opening into the corirdors but I am sure it will make a nice hotel otherwise.

norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2019, 06:15:00 PM »
If they want to flog it 🤔 Aren't they giving it to the developers that built the new offices .

nwpo

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2019, 05:25:40 PM »
Yes, the Civic Centre offices are part of the deal for the developers. Their looking to turn it in to a hotel/spa