Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 115902 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2018, 11:07:16 am »
Going through the DP this morning, I noticed this Tweet from PC Snow, nice to see someone is listening.

First stop of the morning. Acting on intelligence received from members of the community, we stopped this vehicle as it crossed the #MenaiBridge into #Bangor - driver has no licence or insurance.
Vehicle seized and driver reported to court. #Fatal5
8:51 AM - Oct 23, 2018

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2018, 12:18:26 pm »
There is no way those detector vans had any capacity to detect that someone is watching T.V it's a complete myth.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2018, 03:22:25 pm »
Actually, it seems not.  And the technology to identify exactly what you're watching or reading on a CRT computer monitor has been around for years. Now, as to whether they're used much is another question...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Dave

« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2018, 05:48:21 pm »
There has to be lots of other methods that TV licence dodgers could be caught too. Sky,BT,Now TV all must have details of users that may or may not be available to run licence checks against perhaps?
What about BBC's iPlayer? It asks you if you have a licence before you start to watch but maybe they can run a check on your answer too?

As for car tax, insurance,MOT evaders, the North Wales Police put reports on the likes of Facebook daily about offenders they have just caught so they are running checks but the thin blue line is just that nowadays.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2018, 06:26:26 pm »

As for car tax, insurance,MOT evaders, the North Wales Police put reports on the likes of Facebook daily about offenders they have just caught so they are running checks but the thin blue line is just that nowadays.

It's the DVLA's  job to deal with the collection of car tax and if they did the job properly then there wouldn't be so many road tax cheats driving around and that would save the Police a lot of time and trouble as the Police's resources are stretched to the limit at present

Offline Dave

« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2018, 04:40:51 pm »
At least two cars clamped in Craig-y-Don yesterday, presumably for no tax etc.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2018, 05:05:43 pm »
If you see the clampers Dave send them over to Colwyn Bay. there should be enough work here to keep them busy for a while.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2018, 09:07:55 pm »
Quite a few were caught in Llandudno ,they swooped very early morning nice supprise when they went to their car .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2018, 10:32:27 pm »
It's good to see that the clampers are in the area again, I just wish that the local papers would have published something as it could make the road tax dodgers think twice about cheating the general public

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2018, 10:21:05 pm »
I believe that a No. of cars were clamped in Abbey Road, Llandudno for having no Road Fund Licence. Incidentally wasn’t that the original intention for the Road Tax in the first place, to repair the roads  ?.
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2018, 11:08:49 pm »
Here's the answer Quiggs

A vehicle tax was first introduced in Britain in 1888. In 1920, an excise duty was introduced that was specifically applied to motor vehicles; initially it was hypothecated (ring-fenced or earmarked) for road construction and paid directly into a special Road Fund. After 1937, this reservation of vehicle revenue for roads was ended, and instead the revenue was paid into the Consolidated Fund — the general pot of money held by government. Since then, maintenance of the UK road network has been funded out of general taxation, of which VED is a part.[

The Government ate losing over £100 million per year because of these road tax cheats and that money could go a long way to repairing our roads

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2018, 08:07:07 am »
...except that it wouldn't. The money to repair roads already exists;  it's simply the the current administration won't spend it, because they're obsessed with not spending - like most Tory governments.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member

Offline alw

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:32 pm »
The Social Service's staff moved out of their Civic Centre office block a month ago.

When I walked past the building today I noticed a plume of steam coming from the flue on the roof, so we are paying to heat an abandoned building.

I wonder if the heating is also still on in the other 20 or so abandoned offices?
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:55 pm »
The Social Service's staff moved out of their Civic Centre office block a month ago.

When I walked past the building today I noticed a plume of steam coming from the flue on the roof, so we are paying to heat an abandoned building.

I wonder if the heating is also still on in the other 20 or so abandoned offices?

Possibly cheaper to heat an empty building than risk a water pipe freezing & bursting with the subsequent damage that can cause?
Valar Morghulis