Author Topic: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)  (Read 115852 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Incompetence: CCBC (and other Public Bodies and Statutory Undertakers...)
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2018, 01:02:12 pm »
More than £2 million has been spent on the maintenance and repair of the Welsh Government building in Llandudno Junction just seven years since its opening.

About £23 million was spent on the construction of the Llandudno Junction site and now residents and councillors have been left scratching their heads as to why so much has been spent on the maintenance of a brand-new multimillion pound building.

The Auditor General for Wales found that the Welsh Government may have wasted millions of pounds in their relocation strategy.
"However, it seems that even more is now being lost as a result of the building in Llandudno Junction.

An extraordinary amount of tax payers money and whoevers in charge of maintenance should be made to answer for this.
"For a brand new building it seems like an excessive amount."
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16390574.more-than-2-million-spent-for-repairs-and-maintenance-on-new-welsh-government-building-in-llandudno-junction/?ref=mr&lp=5

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2018, 02:12:16 pm »
It's an absolute disgrace that amount of money has been spent on maintenance & repairs. How many more millions will it cost over the coming years? It will be interesting to find out what the response will be to Janet Finch-Saunders request, as to why so much money has been spent on these repairs.

Going back to the conversation before this topic does anyone know why the Black Cat garage has been closed?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:09 pm »
Nothing on the Shell website. Unless it's being upgraded to an electric fast-charge station.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2018, 10:41:59 pm »
Black Cat was open when I passed at 4.45 this afternoon.  When I was in there last week there was work going on a couple of the pumps so they were not in use - there were no less than 6 guys standing aroung, only one seemed to be actually doing anything!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2018, 03:18:38 pm »
I've just had an e-mail from my friend who has been out and about today and he saw 5 cars clamped in Denbigh and one in St Asaph.  So the representatives of the DVLA are still out and about in the area chasing road tax dodgers so that's good news.
However I still think that there are major issues at the DVLA and they have either not been resourced with staff  or finances by the Government so that they can cope with the increasing number of people avoiding paying road tax.
I still see a car being driven daily on the road that hasn't had road tax for 10 months and find it inconceivable how the DVLA has allowed them to get away with it.
I've sent off for some info from the DVLA under the FOI Act and had their acknowledgement which has been censored but the answer to my two questions is expected within the next 28 days so it'll be interesting to see the answers

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2018, 05:40:24 pm »
Just bought and taxed a Mercedes estate on 14th August by direct debit, received 2 emails confirming it, also received the new V5 yesterday, then today in the post a letter saying failed direct debit!! I can't check online until 6am Monday as the system is down, hope I don't get any penalties for driving an untaxed car! As far as I can see I've done everything by the book!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:30:33 am by Ian »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2018, 08:35:00 am »
ME: I tried to rotate the image but now for some reason it won't load back.  I'll try later when I have a bit more time. Sorry about that.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2018, 10:08:37 am »
Thanks for trying Ian, is there away we can preview the image on a post and rotate it ourselves before posting?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2018, 10:50:47 am »
The best way is Photo gallery / my albums / add item to this album and you can then pop it into any post anywhere in that post.

Oddly, I couldn't even get your image to load into my albums, however.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2018, 10:58:11 am »
We seem to have a small problem concerning image uploads.  Not too sure what it is as yet, but will get back when I have more info.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2018, 12:47:57 pm »
Thanks Ian, just checked online and the car shows as taxed, no idea why I received that letter!

Offline DVT

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2018, 05:08:47 pm »
No surprising the way DVLA is working (?) these days!

A few weeks ago a NIP arrived at my late mother-in-law's house (currently empty) addressed to someone we'd never heard of.  I contacted the Police to ask how they got that address and was told it came from DVLA.  The car was fairly new (67 plate) and had been caught doing 35mph in a 30mph zone at one o'clock on a Sunday morning.  I sent the letter back to the Police and received an acknowledgement suggesting I contact DVLA - I didn't because I had not kept details of the car.

Last week a letter arrived rom DVLA addressed to the same person as the NIP - stating that someone had tried to register the car in their name and DVLA were asking if it had been sold or stolen.  I rang DVLA was told they often have the wrong addresses, without giving any explanation, and I should send the letter back to them - they would then furnish me with a letter from DVLA so that I could show to anyone who may call to ask about the car!!!

As the car tax is soon due (1st September) I wonder where the renewal notice will go to!!!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2018, 10:49:41 pm »
If anyone thinks that the criticism of the DVLA is harsh then they should read this link.   I'll say it again that the DVLA as a debt recovery Government agency is not fit for purpose and its actions or rather lack of them has cost the UK hundreds of millions of pounds.

https://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?22308-DVLA-What-is-going-on

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2018, 10:36:15 am »
I rang DVLA this morning about the letter I received, they said it is fully taxed, the direct debit is in place with no problem, so all ok! This is the second time I've had a letter about an untaxed car when both times the cars have been taxed, they are always very helpful on the phone and I think it's another example of a government computer system that is not fit for purpose!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2018, 12:13:02 pm »
Quite often it's not the staffs fault for problems that arise,   I would imagine that they are working under pressure due to management or computer problems imposed on them.
I would imagine that when the paper tax discs were abolished the Government didn't consider the wider implications of their actions.   The DVLA should have had all the resources they needed already in place when the change over took place, but it seems that the DVLA was not geared up for the change as how else can anyone explain their abysmal record on collecting unpaid road tax