Author Topic: International politics  (Read 86173 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: International politics
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »
I've reported him to Twitter, although I expect a few million have done the same.

Violation of term of service.

Why is he different?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2017, 01:50:31 pm »
He's not different, F;  he's...special.

Seriously, it would be good if Twitter eliminated some of his tweets.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2017, 09:01:12 am »
Trump's a Twit to Tweet on Twitter.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2017, 09:17:03 am »
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2017, 12:08:15 am »
Tis scary that a reasonable gesture of peaceful protest should be condemned as unpatriotic. It's the stuff of a totalitarian regime, not of a democracy.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:47 am »
Not to mention that it proves Trump isn't conversant with the US Constitution. Or sanity.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2017, 09:35:46 am »
When Trump was elected, I was derided for saying that it echoed the feelings I had in response to my parents concerns over the Cuban missile crisis. I actually think that it is possibly worse than then.

Now, the deranged Roy Moore has joined the asylum and AfD are gaining prominence. 

Just when you think that it cannot get any worse....
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline squigglev2

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2017, 12:41:57 pm »
Not to mention that it proves Trump isn't conversant with the US Constitution. Or sanity.
Perhaps the only thing Trump is conversant in is getting his own way as a privileged, powerful (and I think suspect) businessman. I believe he is a self serving  narcissist with a fragile ego and do not believe he is fit for any public office, let alone that of POTUS.

On the other hand, a sizeable portion of the US (many of whom probably consider Breitbart to offer the unbiased “real news”) seem to see him as an unfairly maligned type of hero...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »
Worrying, isn't it?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2017, 08:07:36 pm »
He's getting worse, he's even found time to go back and delete all his tweets where he endorsed a senator who was defeated in the Alabama election last night.
He's pretending it never happened!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41417279
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2017, 02:44:29 pm »
Also wilfully ignorant and dangerously uninformed.
The campaign for independence by the people of Catalonia from the Spanish state goes back many generations. It has always been peaceful. It has always been non-violent.
That's simply untrue. Terra Lliure, sometimes referred to as TLL, was an armed Catalan nationalist terrorist separatist organisation. Formed in 1978, the group carried out dozens of attacks that left many people injured and one person dead. But then - I suppose an ex-terrorist might have different concepts of 'peaceful' from most of humanity.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:18 am »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/us/politics/trump-widow-johnson-call.html

I've worked out how to tell when Trump is lying. His lips move.

Did anyone else watch Channel 4's 'Dispatches' last night? If I was worried before, I'm now officially termed 'scared'.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2017, 03:37:19 pm »
Sorry, was trying to post something but can’t get the link to work and can’t seem to delete the post.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2017, 11:01:32 pm »
I saw some of the Panorama Programme on BBC last night about tax avoidance and for too long the companies and individuals have been getting away without paying their fair share of tax.
It's not illegal but it's unfair to the ordinary working person and it's time the various countries united together to stop this practise. 

Even three members of the cast of Mrs Brown's Boys were involved in the scheme,  " that's nice"  they're saying to the rest of us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-41880153