Author Topic: Grace Ellen Jones 1885-1961  (Read 31978 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: Grace Ellen Jones 1885-1961
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
Mull,       Tan Y Wal has come up again on the market.    It is up for sale with Fletcher Poole  ref RP2040 but at present there isn't a link on their website.
It's priced at 274,950.00 and has planning for one extra bedroom in the cottage and a new build upside down house with 3 double bedrooms and open plan living accommodation.
I bet it'll have fantastic views from the first floor,  nice second home for you when you  come here on your holiday?     ;D

mull

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Thanks for keeping me posted Hugo.
Wish they would tidy the grounds .
Seems strange how over the past 10/20/30 years the owners have been unable to go ahead with the building work that has been authorised.
Is it something to do with access ?
When we had a look at the site I was upset at how it had been neglected. The ground in front of the cottage is now overgrown and the expansive views are now blocked.
Wish I had the means to restore it but can now just look on.

Have to wait for Ernie to come up with the numbers, some hope.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »
I went to Penrhynside to take a photo of Tan Y Wal but couldn't find a place to park the car.    It's a nightmare trying to park there anyway so access to the site will be extremely difficult for any developer.
One day I saw a large bin lorry coming down Bryn Y Gwynt Lane and it was only a brilliant piece of driving that got the wagon past the telegraph pole and even then both wing mirrors were tightly tucked in or otherwise the driver couldn't have got past

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mull

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2019, 08:55:39 AM »
Tan Y Wal has been knocked about so much they may as well demolish it. Hard to believe the state of my old bedroom (Photo 10 ).

Photos taken of the grounds and views do not show the way large trees have been allowed to grow blocking the extensive view. Must have been neglected over many years.
They could convert the grounds into the village car park and make some money that way  $hands$

ckirkrph

« Reply #259 on: September 06, 2019, 12:39:16 PM »
 Hey fellas! I went back and saw I missed a post from Hugo, sorry for not having gotten back sooner. I have 2 two teenagers and one in traveling soccer  so I am gone all the time! Lol. My great great  grandmother's  name was Annie Maria(h) Kirk originally Jones. I believe she was probably born and grew up a Tan Y Wal. Her father was Pierce Jones. I found she was born 1881 and died young in 1909. I am also trying to track her sister Bessie. I have hit so many road blocks I would really appreciate any help at all! She married Alfred Kirk in 1900.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
Hi Kirk,  I might be wrong but I've a feeling that Annie Maria Jones would have been brought up in Severn Cottage rear of Augusta Street ( the street is now called Brookes Street.   Unfortunately I cannot find my copy of the 1891 Census to confirm this.
If I remember correctly she died in 1909 in the Solihull District and you were looking for her burial place which sadly we couldn't find
As for her sister Bessie  ( was she called Elizabeth? )  perhaps Mull knows something that may help you.

mull

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
Hi Folks,
Just got back from a couple of days in Glasgow. When I get a chance I will look up any information I have got on Bessie.