Author Topic: North Wales News  (Read 13050 times)

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: North Wales News
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2020, 04:44:59 PM »
Plans for a wind farm off the coast of North Wales have been revealed - with the potential for 332 metre high turbines.

innogy Renewables wants to build Awel y Mr just over 10km off the coast of Llandudno and Colwyn Bay as an extension to its Gwynt y Mr scheme.

It could include up to 107 wind turbines to the west of the 160 windmills of Gwynt y Mr with the Environmental Impact Assessment part of the scoping report submitted.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
With the number of developers collapsing, leaving others to pay the price, which is usually a high one, it is to easy for them just to walk away, change the company name and start again, need to make them more liable.

Developer behind Denbigh asylum-themed hotel bid collapses with 113m debts
Signature Living Hotel Ltd, based in Merseyside, had wanted to revamp the North Wales Hospital.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2020, 06:22:05 PM »
That type of thing happens too often and the directors seem to get away with it under company law.
I wonder who exactly owns the freehold on this valuable site

Robbie G

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »

Hugo
I think it is back in the ownership of D.C.C. , they have appointed Jones Bros. of Ruthin as main contractors for housing , seems an ideal site for Mr Waldron to me

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 07:36:54 PM by Ian »

spotty dog

• Member.
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2020, 09:53:36 AM »
I believe the backer for Prince Madoc Cove the development next to Rhos Golf Club is pulling out, and it's up for sale ( as is ). I'm waiting for confirmation

Nemesis

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »
oh goodness. I hope not, not an ideal time to buy something. Hope we aren't left with another eyesore.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
Port bosses want to build 600m tidal lagoon off the coast of North Wales
Under the proposal the lagoon wall would stretch from the breakwater at Mostyn to Point of Ayr in Flintshire

Plans have been unveiled for a 590 million tidal lagoon capable of providing low carbon electricity to power 82,000 homes in North Wales.

Building the 6.7 kilometre long lagoon, stretching from the breakwater at Mostyn to Point of Ayr in Flintshire, would create 300 jobs during the construction phase and up to 30 high-skilled permanent posts.

Its being developed by Mostyn SeaPower Ltd, a subsidiary of the busy Port of Mostyn, who say it will provide a massive boost for the regional economy and would play a key role in helping North Wales to recover from the economic downturn caused by the Covid-19 crisis.

Previous schemes for a giant 7bn tidal lagoon on the North Wales coast have not progressed and the wider sector was hit by a snub from UK Government when it failed to back the 1.3bn Swansea Tidal Lagoon in 2018.

But the developer of this new scheme believes the more modest ambitious of this project could get the go ahead and also inspire further tidal power projects along the North Wales coast.

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Three Towns Forum - Talk about Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2020, 10:33:13 AM »
A 60m leisure resort, which would include a water park, is being planned for north Wales. ref BBC

Maybrook Investments wants to develop the old Ferodo factory site and nearby Plas Brereton on the banks of the Menai Strait, near Caernarfon.

The plans would also include more than 250 holiday lodges and apartments, shops, restaurants and bars, creating 80 jobs.
Maybrook has applied to Gwynedd council for planning permission.
The company said it could start work immediately if this was granted.

It also plans to renovate part of the old Ferodo factory into commercial units, which would have enough space for 600 people to work on site.